Senior Project Manager – Electrical & Automation Projects (PtX)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
If you are motivated by project managing greenfield PtX projects, we have just the right job for you. At least if you find PtX and the transition towards a carbon free future as exciting as we do. The project manager is involved all the way from initial needs dialogue to overall and specific design with subsequent engineering and final commissioning. The projects will include colleagues from both Denmark and ABB’s international organization.
When joining ABB, you can look forward to being part of a rather unique work environment characterized by a very positive tone of voice, respect for the individual and helpfulness. We believe this to be one of the most important reasons for colleagues returning after having pursued career opportunities elsewhere. ABB is also a company that invests in you as an employee. Our project management certification programme is just one example – a version will be tailored to you on arrival.
You will be based at our office in Esbjerg or Middelfart depending on your location. Here where you will be close to other project managers in the PMO as well as colleagues in our engineering department. Flexibility related to working from home is naturally a part of everyday life in ABB.
- Overall responsible for project management within the green transition; district heating, power-to-x etc.
- Ensure cost, quality, and time on what typically is ABB’s responsibility, which includes electrical & automation engineering, purchasing, installation and commissioning.
- Manage projects from the tender phase to final delivery – with lots of direct customer contact.
- Create and manage project plans, follow-up, and coordinate activities within the project team.
- Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Contribute to tendering – project management, review cost calculations and assess risks.
- Contract management, coordinate with procurement and manage subcontractors.
- Motivate and guide your team(s) of technology specialists from Denmark and abroad.
- Spot opportunities for additional sales and interact with the right people to turn ideas into projects.
- 3+ years of project experience including, related automation projects.
- Experience in executing EPCI-like projects (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation)
- Solid experience with project-oriented work
- Experience with contract management and managing subcontractors.
- Motivation for building knowledge in the PtX domain.
- Overview, structure, and proactive problem-solving skills – the classic project management DNA
- Negotiation skills – you know when to hold firm and when to compromise with equally good feeling for the mood and overall relationship.
- Good English skills, written and spoken (Danish skills are an advantage but not a prerequisite for applying)