In the VELUX Group, we offer you a world of opportunities and the chance to create a bright future. From the forefront of the sustainable indoor living industry, we enable those who live, work and play under the roof transform their spaces and live a healthier everyday life with more daylight and fresh air. The VELUX Group is an international, family-owned business with strong financial roots and each year we are able to create real impact by reinvesting in society, our employees and planet through our foundations.
Alongside the rest of our values, “courage” and “mutual respect” define our actions every day and how we wish to contribute to the world.
Website Development & Performance Manager
Are you digitally driven and passionate about consumer centricity? Do you have a strong enthusiasm for website development and performance? Then you might just be the one we are looking for!
Who we are
We are the VELUX Group’s established Performance Marketing Team, and we want to partner up with you on our most ambitious digital transformation & consumer-centric project in the VELUX Group, to achieve best-in-class consumer experiences results. We are a bunch of marketing geeks who would like to give you the chance to grow, shape your own career, and work in an international environment in a company that empowers its customers and continues shaping the future of the rooftop-window industry since 1941.
Our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and create new & personalized conversations all the time.
We would like to offer you a world of opportunities – if you have the knowledge and the desire to ramp up and take various areas of our website development and performance to a whole new level.
The Website Development & Performance Manager, along with a team of specialists and external suppliers, is responsible for global website development, tracking, optimizing, and improving performance, including the technical aspects of SEO. The goal is to ensure that the websites run smoothly and efficiently, enhancing the user experience by prioritizing developments, improving website loading speed, responsiveness, and addressing any issues that may negatively impact performance.
Your main tasks as a Website Development and Performance Manager:
- Development: Coordinate and prioritize development with your team, our stakeholders, and IT for both old and new sites.
- Performance Optimization: Implement various techniques to optimize our website’s performance, such as code optimization, image compression, video players, caching, product configurator, and ultimately, increasing conversions to leads.
- Monitoring and Analysis: Monitor and analyze our website’s performance metrics through a best-in-class tracking setup. Analyze page load times, server response times, and overall website speed to identify areas for improvement using tools such as Google Lighthouse, Semrush, Google Analytics, Google PageSpeed Insights, and various others.
- Performance Reporting: Provide regular reports on website performance metrics, trends, and improvements. These reports will enable stakeholders to understand the impact of performance optimization efforts and make informed decisions.
- Technical SEO: Collaborate with your SEO specialist to continuously improve our SEO efforts across all of our websites.
- Tracking: Work with our Tracking lead and specialist team to ensure a strong tracking setup and continuous improvements.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this role should have a hands-on approach while also being able to lead a team of specialists. They must possess a solid technical and analytical understanding and know how to act on data. This person should enjoy serving as a link between the team, stakeholders, and leadership, helping to prioritize, initiate, and consult to lead the website development and performance team as well as our suppliers in delivering high-quality work on time.
Additionally, you are proactive, responsible, and motivated by leading others, showing the drive to bring out the best in your team members. You thrive in an international environment and know how to act locally while thinking globally. You enjoy being part of a dynamic team where we work hard at times, but also take care of each other and have fun!
That being said, we expect that you:
- Hold a master’s degree in Marketing, Tech, Business, or a related field.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience working as a team lead, project owner, people manager, operations manager, chief scrum master, or in a similar capacity.
- Possess previous experience working with IT development and website performance optimization.
- Are an experienced people manager who has worked at the intersection of business and technology, with solid expertise in website management.
- Exhibit good people management skills with a proven history of coordinating teams and ensuring cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrate solid organizational, structural, and coordination skills and the ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Are team-oriented and able to collaborate and communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
- Are fluent in English, both oral and written.
What’s in it for you?
You will get to work alongside experienced, fun, and enthusiastic colleagues – in a setting where knowledge is shared, and responsibility is given to those who can and will. Our team is characterized by an informal tone and respect for each other, both as team members and as individuals. We like to take care of each other.
You will be provided with many opportunities to develop yourself – be it through mentorship, courses, and others. We promise you will face exciting new opportunities every day that will let you grow and not get bored at any given point.
Equal Opportunity Employer
VELUX Residential is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. To further our goal of equal employment opportunity for all employees and prospective employees, it is the policy of VELUX Residential to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity and only job-related qualifications will be required.