Project Manager for process plants
Unique opportunity to join an innovative biotech company with a proven and sustainable technology on the edge of global expansion.
Do you want to help develop the protein of the future and making, which will make it possible to feed the world’s growing population without harming the ecosystems? Unibio has developed a sustainable technology to produce protein. This technology is based on fermentation using methane as a raw material. With it, we reduce the burden of overfishing the oceans and reduce deforestation to find more arable land. Our headquarters are in Roskilde, close to Copenhagen, and we have a Innovation Centre and pilot facilities in Kalundborg.
Our project model is based on partnerships or licensees where Unibio acts as technology provider in close cooperation with local based investors and global engineering partners who supplement our knowledge and resources, allowing us to execute large projects with a small organization. We are headquartered in Roskilde, with development and demo facilities in Kalundborg. We experience high interest from investors who want to establish production in different countries around the world. We are currently engineering two projects and expect to commence several projects within the next years.
What will you be doing?
As our new project manager, you will become part of Engineering & Projects, which is responsible for project management, the development of our patented technical solutions, as well as engineering production facilities. You will be involved in all aspects of Engineering & Projects particularly CAPEX projects and work closely with colleagues from other departments and external partners.
- Project management from initial planning to commissioning, in cooperation with our internal process specialists, EPC partners, licensees, and suppliers worldwide.
- Sizing, specification, and construction of process equipment
- Development of PFD´s, PID´s, layouts, FDS´s, etc.
- Vendor evaluation, purchasing and quality control.
- Installation and commissioning
- Engineering reactors and other equipment
Does your profile look like this?
- A background in mechanical engineering
- 3 years as project manager in complex process plants for biotech or food
- Experience designing, installing, and commissioning projects.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- Spray drying
- Sanitary design
- Gas installations
- You are known as a good planner, who thinks ahead, follow-up and attend to details as well as the big picture.
- You thrive in an international environment, speak, and write English on a professional level and can travel anywhere, mostly scheduled, and sometimes longer trips of 2-3 weeks duration. (Note expected 25-50 days of travel per. year).
What can we offer you?
Your daily workplace will be in Roskilde. You should expect an average of 25-50 days travelling per year.
Unibio offers a unique opportunity in a growth company with a proprietary technology and an exciting pipeline. We are scaling up rapidly, and things change fast, so there are many opportunities to contribute and influence. The distance between decision and action is short. We are proud to have maintained an entrepreneurial culture where everyone can contribute when necessary.
At Unibio, all employees are encouraged to participate in the company’s development. We believe that with freedom comes responsibility. If we are to achieve our ambitious goals, everyone must contribute, and we are not afraid to delegate responsibility. You will have fantastic, enthusiastic, and supportive colleagues and we often arrange social events for employees across both locations. Unibio has a strong focus on providing a healthy and safe working environment.
Unibio sees employees with different backgrounds and experiences as a strength and embraces the variety of backgrounds and life experiences our employees bring to work. We are committed to promote a culture where employees respect each other’s technical and functional competencies, and we encourage collaboration and teamwork regardless of title.
By joining Unibio you will become part of a dynamic company, where you will help shape and develop Unibio’s business on a global scale. You will be part of a small and agile team that works closely and pulls together to accomplish Unibio’s goals.
Do you have any questions?
We are working with Brinch & Partners on this recruitment and Partner Jens Christian Jensen will be happy to answer your questions. Phone +45 2784 7405; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.