Business Development Director experienced within distribution
Do you have a strategic mindset and the ability to foster long-term partnerships with your customers, acting as a trusted advisor? Then come and be part of the future growth journey at IMPACT Commerce.
ABOUT THE JOB
As the Business Development Director, you will play a key role in and be responsible for ensuring business growth with a strategic view. Your primary objectives will be to build strategic partnerships with our existing as well as with new customers.
The position is in one of three commerce units within IMPACT Commerce, which focuses on clients in distribution. You will be a business builder and trusted advisor for the unit’s current and future clients.
You will lead a team of talented professionals and foster strong relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders. With your consulting background, you will bring strategic thinking, analytical rigor, and a result-driven approach to our commercial operation.
- Develop, implement, and execute comprehensive commercial strategies tailored specifically for customers within distribution to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Build strong, meaningful relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Create and present strategy, concepts, and inspiration for customers as well as proactively identifying opportunities and addressing challenges for the customers.
- Drive large-scale digital transformation projects, ensuring successful planning, execution, and implementation of the projects, leveraging your consulting expertise in project management and change management, and acting as a strong lead.
- Stay updated of industry trends, market conditions, and regulatory changes within the distribution sector to proactively identify business risks and opportunities.
- Continuously improve tools and systems specific to clients within distribution to enhance overall efficiency and effectiveness.
WE IMAGINE THAT YOU HAVE
- Proven track record of at least 10 years of experience working as a Consulting Manager or within the consulting field with a strategic focus on growth and experience in managing large-scale projects and dealing with C-level clients.
- In-depth knowledge of the commerce industry, including e-commerce, retail, digital marketing, and related sectors, with a strong understanding of industry trends, challenges, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage teams, both directly and indirectly, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work culture, and driving individual and team success.
- Familiarity with a wide selection of business management software and databases.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to engage with C-level clients.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret complex data and make strategic decisions.
- Proactiv and results-oriented mindset with a strong drive for success.
- Experience from top-tier management consulting firms and from the distribution sector will be an advantage but not a requirement.
LIFE AT IMPACT COMMERCE
For more than 20 years, IMPACT Commerce has pioneered some of the most advanced commerce solutions in the Nordics. What started in Aarhus, Denmark has grown into a European powerhouse with offices across the world (Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense, Stockholm, Lisbon, Evora, Malmö, Belgrade, Pune India)
While we cover all the major tech platforms and work with some of the most exciting businesses, we make a sincere effort to stay down-to-earth. It’s who we are, and it’s the kind of talent we want to attract. We empower people and businesses to drive positive change and quality experiences, and we’re not afraid to take the lead on shaping the future of commerce. Check out our cases here.
Today, we’re a global team of digital talents working to strategize, craft, and support all things tech. We push the boundaries for commerce with curiosity, ambition, and empowerment that cements the ambition to change commerce for the better. But it’s not all about size. Because more than anything, we want to maintain our collective can-do attitude that creates a working environment where everything is possible – and have fun while doing it.