Head of Strategy & Transformation
We are looking for a Head of Airline Strategy & Transformation at Sunclass Airlines. Sunclass Airlines is not just an airline. As a proud member of the Nordic Leisure Travel Group, we’re part of a company that sells around 1,325,000 trips annually in the Nordic countries.
As the Head of Airline Strategy at Sunclass Airlines, you’ll be at the helm of our strategic journey towards continued success. We’re on the lookout for a strategic mastermind with a management consulting background to lead the path in shaping and executing our growth initiatives, fostering operational efficiency, and maintaining our competitive edge in the aviation sector. Your visionary thinking, analytical prowess, and adept communication skills will guide our airline towards achieving its long-term goals.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and refine the company’s overall strategic roadmap, working closely with senior leadership to identify key priorities, opportunities, and challenges.
- Drive cost excellence: Collaborate with operations teams to optimize fleet utilization, crew scheduling, and maintenance processes and be the overall owner of the cost excellence project. Identify areas for efficiency improvement and cost reduction while maintaining high safety and quality standards.
- Market Analysis: Conduct thorough market research – together with Nordic Leisure Travel Group – and analysis to identify potential new geographies. Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and regulatory changes to make informed decisions about the airline’s positioning and offerings.
- Business Development and partnerships: Identify and evaluate new business opportunities, partnerships, and collaborations that can enhance the airline’s growth prospects. Collaborate with other departments to develop and implement strategies for revenue diversification and expansion.
- Communication and Stakeholder Management: Effectively communicate the company’s strategic vision to internal teams, investors, and NLTG board. Build and maintain relationships with external partners, regulatory bodies, and industry associations. Generate regular reports and presentations for executive leadership and the board of directors, highlighting progress on strategic initiatives, key performance indicators, and areas of concern.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Aviation Management, Economics or a related field
- Proven experience in strategic planning, business development, or a related role within a Top tier consulting company
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, market trends, and financial reports
- Exeptional communication and presentation skill, both written and verbal
- Ability to think creatively, adapt to changing circumstances, and make effective decisions under pressure
- Preferable experience in aviation
Sunclass Airlines took off on October 31, 2019, but our history goes back further. Before we became who we are today, we were known as Thomas Cook Airlines, MyTravel Airways, and earlier still we were called Premiair.
Sunclass Airlines is part of the Nordic Leisure Travel Group. Nordic Leisure Travel Group sells trips from Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. The group includes the tour operators Spies, Ving Sweden, Ving Norge, Globetrotter, Tjäreborg, as well as the hotel company Hotels & Resorts, which includes our own hotel chains, Sunwing Family Resorts, Ocean Beach Club and Sunprime Hotels. In a normal year, the group sells around 1,325,000 trips annually in the Nordic countries.
Nordic Leisure Travel Group has a business model where all parts, the tour operators, the airline and the hotel business, are integrated, and the four Nordic countries work in the same way. Nordic Leisure Travel Group is a modern travel company that arranges package tours with its own flights and hotels, sells flexible package tours with scheduled flights, cruise packages as well as separate airline tickets and hotel stays.