Group Financial Controller, A. Espersen A/S
We are looking for a skilled Group Financial Controller with the aspiration of helping a team and company to perform even better. Your tasks will range from daily operations to strategic decisions, always in close collaboration with colleagues in Denmark and our teams in our local divisions.
The position of Group Financial Controller covers a wide range of areas within finance. We are looking for someone who does not accept the status quo but who challenges our ways of working and who can help to improve them.
Furthermore, you need to have a good business understanding, being able to see the big picture, as you are expected to challenge internal stakeholders on their monthly/quarterly numbers.
You will have the overall responsibility for our AP process, which includes managing our hedges and insuring an optimal process flow. This means close collaboration with our Business Service Center (BSC) in Poland, ERP team, procurement teams and external stakeholders.
- Together, with our senior financial controller and the business finance team, you will assist in the monthly closing and preparation and design of management reporting. You will control the correctness of the data and provide analysis and insight into the development of our business, so your stakeholders can act on the information.
- Cashflow: You have the overall responsibility for the AP process which means ensuring the process from a-z runs as smooth as possible and that way contributes to a better cashflow. Your results will be measured by the improvement in cashflow.
- Cashflow forecasting, short and long term.
- Foreign exchange risk management: You are expected to analyse and give insight into the foreign currency and exposure.
- Help to develop and optimize financial processes within Espersen.
- Coordinate and liaise with external auditors, tax authorities, and regulatory bodies, ensuring compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Looking ahead you will also be part of designing our ESG reporting.
In addition to the above key responsibilities, you will potentially be involved in other areas of the finance function, depending on your interests and experience. We have the privilege to plan long term and to invest in the right solutions. The work environment is characterized by independent tasks and responsibilities combined with a high degree of knowledge-sharing within the team (and not least a good sense of humour).
- Relevant experience within finance from a mid to large size organization.
- A master’s degree in economics, business, finance or similar.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Excellent excel skills and experience with PowerBI.
- Fluent in English, in writing and orally. Danish language competencies will be an advantage.
Personally, you enjoy being part of a team and want to connect with other people. You like to take on new challenges and you’re not afraid to ask for assistance when needed.
You have a curious mindset and are proactive in your working style.
About A. Espersen A/S
Espersen A/S is a world leader in the processing of frozen fish blocks, frozen fillets, specials cuts, and breaded and deluxe puff pastry fish products, with modern production plants and non-production units in Denmark, Sweden, France, Germany, Lithuania, Poland and Vietnam. As such, we are an internationally recognized supplier of high-quality products, delivering to some of the utmost quality-conscious customers in both Europe and the USA, some of which count the largest multi-national food corporations in the world.