Be the new
IT Infrastructure Engineer
in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design, and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer at Zealand Pharma A/S, you will work with the Senior Director, IT Infrastructure and Operations, other IT colleagues, and stakeholders across the company to implement new infrastructure solutions and support existing systems. The environment includes mostly Windows platforms, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Provides day to day support of overall infrastructure including network, physical and virtual servers, storage, and cloud platforms.
- Performing all job duties with a security-first and best practices mindset.
- Configures and implement new systems and enhancements to existing systems in support of business needs.
- Authors and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, technical standards, and training materials.
- Monitors, manages, and operates systems and recommends solutions to hardware or software problems and issues.
- Responds to escalations and incidents referred from the IT Service Desk or from other IT colleagues.
- Analyze and understand project requirements. Drive projects to completion.
- Proactively observe IT practices and recommend solutions to solve problems or alleviate pain points.
- Act as an escalation point for IT Service Desk and IT Infrastructure team members.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as architecture and design documents, user manuals, system documentation, Technical Standards, and training materials.
- Work within a multi-site IT team located in Denmark and the USA.
- Documents, maintains, and monitors compliance to GxP, SOX, and security policies as needed.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- Experience with enterprise deployments of Microsoft technologies (e.g. Windows, Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, and Azure AD/SSO, etc.)
- 5+ years Active Directory administration, implementation, and design. Working knowledge of Windows DNS, DHCP, GPO, Sites, and networking protocols.
- Experience with virtual machines (Hyper-V, etc.)
- Understanding of (and experience with) network standards, protocols, and hardware (e.g. VLANs, network subnetting, firewalls, switches, wireless networks, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to develop solutions.
- Ability to adhere to best practices and also having a security-first mindset.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of SSO integrations, including SAML and other authentication protocols a plus.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting a plus.
- Hands-on experience and technical understanding of backup and storage solutions.
- Experience of working in the life sciences industry and working with GxP systems is an advantage.
- Experience working in a SOX-regulated environment is preferred.
- 5+ years in a similar technical position. Desired degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize projects independently.
- Demonstrable excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills verbally as well as in writing.
- Energy and drive for team results, consistent high performer.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy being part of a great team and achieving things together.
- Fluent in English (company language) and Danish.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
As Zealand Pharma A/S is working with Brinch & Partners, please direct any questions on this role to Consultant Joachim Præstmark on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +45 3148 1595.
We will process applications on an ongoing basis. Your application or CV should not be sent via e-mail.