Do you want to be part of an ambitious in-house strategy & consulting team with great colleagues?
The Strategy & Consulting team (S&C) in DFDS supports the Executive Management in setting DFDS’ strategic direction and delivering some of the highest impact strategic projects across the company. Our team consists of ex-management consultants driving projects of high strategic importance to DFDS spanning across strategy, M&A, operations, commercial, green transition, digitization, and organizational topics.
To support this journey, we are looking to grow and strengthen our S&C team with an ambitious strategy profile for a full-time position as (Senior) Project Manager.
As a (Senior) Project Manager, you will work alongside experienced ex-consultant colleagues. Your focus will be to lead and support DFDS colleagues in strategic projects. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Analytical work incl. problem solving, data analysis and business cases
- Driving projects forward incl. project planning and management
- Implementation of solutions and best practices
- Involving, sparring, and coordinating with key stakeholders
- Presenting key findings to e.g., executive management
Examples of previous projects:
- Strategic climate action plan to reduce DFDS’ environmental footprint
- Schedule optimization program to reduce carbon emissions and costs across entire DFDS vessel fleet
- Identifying most value creating use cases for technology and innovation division
- Commercial due diligence and integration of recent acquisition of HSF Logistics Group
- Greenfield establishment of two new routes from France to Ireland and UK
- Reorganization of technology and innovation division
Personal development is high on the team agenda. It is supported by a structured feedback process, along with an extensive development curriculum consisting of both internal and external trainings. The team successfully transitions several colleagues into commercial roles in the business every year and this year managed another Talent 100 winner and is proud of the track record.
The job is based in DFDS’ Headquarters in Copenhagen, occasional travel to onsite locations across Europe will be necessary. You will be reporting to Andreas Björnsson, Head of Strategy & Consulting. Andreas Björnsson has a background from McKinsey & Co.
We take pride in a good atmosphere and teamwork meaning that it is important that you are ambitious, caring, sociable and highly capable of taking responsibility. You need to have a strong personal drive, a good sense of teamwork and general curiosity. You have a good sense of project management, strong problem solving and analytical skills and excellent communication skills.
Furthermore, we expect you to have:
- Relevant professional experience e.g., within management consulting, business development, strategy, finance, Private Equity or similar. It is an additional benefit if you have experience with tech/digital related projects
- Master’s degree for instance in business administration, economics, finance, or strategy, but could also be from a technical university
- Top grades from your studies
- Experience within Excel and PPT
- Full professional proficiency in English
We are a team of passionate ex-management consulting and in-house trained consulting colleagues bringing experience from a multitude of industries and practices. The team appreciates spending time together and regularly arranges off-sites, dinners, and other social events. Furthermore, we take pride in a supporting professional environment where colleagues are always ready to help. You will have a high degree of responsibility and exposure to the Executive Management from the beginning of your career.
Company and industry background
DFDS is a leading player in the shipping and logistics industry in Europe and is underway in a large green transition of its entire operations along with an extensive digitalization journey. In 2022, DFDS delivered an EBITDA of ~4,900 mDKK, revenue of 27 bnDKK, growth of ~45% and employs ~12,000 people.
Furthermore, DFDS has a strong continuing record of acquiring businesses, leading to close to a tripling in company size over the last 12 years. S&C’s strategic projects support these journeys in an industry that is also undergoing significant change. This includes an all-encompassing sustainability transformation, digitizing a traditionally handheld industry, consolidation resulting in much M&A activity, rapid technology changes such as autonomous transport and many players pursuing value chain integration strategies – all things which will drastically change the industry landscape.
Application and contact
The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with Brinch & Partners. If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the Troms Group, please feel free to contact Partner Mia Svantemann Ramskov by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 24266670.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible. We review and interview candidates on an ongoing basis.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Mia Svantemann Ramskov
+45 2426 6670