Cost Out Finance Business Partner
For KK Wind Solutions A/S (KKWS) we are looking for a Cost Out Finance Business Partner. This is a new role at KKWS and the role will contribute significantly to the total business of KKWS.
Purpose of position:
With the acquisition of the converter business from Vestas the integration and establishment of a cost out business partner function is needed. The function will work across the value chain with the engineering, operations, supply chain and procurement functions constantly pursuing the highest degree of cost-out in the sourced and produced components and services. The Cost Out Finance Business Partner will have his/her primary area of responsibility to head the activities leading to highest possible savings.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
The position refers to the Director Finance Business Partner in the FP&A and Global Finance Business Partnering organization at KKWS. The Cost Out FBP will work closely together with the entire KKWS organization and particularly with the Strategic Customer Unit servicing the Vestas account in order to secure the best possible competitive position for the cooperation.
The Cost Out Finance Business Partner role is a combination of managing projects and supporting activities:
- Lead the calculation process including validating the input for consistency, quality and transparency
- Lead the calculation review and approval process
- Ensure timely calculation completeness and adherence to cost approval process with expert/input from functions
- Make regular reviews of cost developments in functions and provide input to streamline bidding effort according to productivity and cost-out targets
- Ensure cost comparison and explanation on cost deltas for different project scopes during the commercial/operation/sourcing/R&D phases
- Contribute to strong, competitive cost solutions by ensuring a high transparency and clarity on costing options
- Drive commercial value & excellence through participation in knowledge sharing and feedback loops
- Be the finance lead in brainstorming and identifying cost optimization and synergy initiatives across KKWS – the full value chain
- Act as a business partner to relevant stakeholders helping them deliver on their initiatives whilst keeping them to the objectives
- Support initiatives through leveraging on the deep analytical and financial analysis capabilities
- Oversee and validate business cases and ad-hoc analysis to ensure credibility of the financial impact
- Working with the Corporate FP&A team to anchor the financial impact of the initiatives in KKWS financial plans (forecast and budget)
- Reporting the results to project team, SteerCo and top management
- Support the building of reporting models
Your background is probably from finance and through your work you have gained insights in the value of looking at the “total picture”, i.e. including aspects of organization, business processes, etc. You possess a master degree in economics, business administration or finance with excellent results. You are knowledgeable about financial measurements, processes and controls and in general you possess a professional attitude in the cooperation with stakeholders and is capable of getting stakeholders across the value chain to work in the same direction. Your workstyle is characterized by being open minded, challenging, open for sparring and you serve as an inspiration for your colleagues.
In highlights one can list the following expectations for the relevant candidates:
- 3-5-year experience working in a project- or consulting related role used to driving projects with focus on engineering business – preferably from an international environment
- Experience in Controlling / Sales / Operation / SCM / Project Controlling or similar
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills supporting the business setup you are working within
- Effective communication and presentations skills
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously and being responsible for building the pipeline
- A global mindset to the role wanting to work in a global and diverse environment being able to lead transformation across different functions and cultures
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint and insights in business intelligence tools such as Cognos, Power BI or similar
In order to succeed in the position, you describe yourself as follows:
- Highly motivated for being in a position where you have a huge impact on our business processes
- Used to work in an engineering and operational business with focus on the customer i.e., interest in combining financial acumen, analytical skills with engineering/technical understanding
- Good at building relationships with colleagues, “customers”, and partners and keen on developing a broad interface in your day-to-day work
- Persistent in your efforts, and take pride in completing your assignments
- Precise and detail oriented, but at the same time, you are capable of seeing the big picture on the business level
- A structured mind-set and an ability to carry out several tasks at once
- Extrovert person having a talent for guiding and motivating your colleagues in their daily work
- Have an explicit desire to improve yourself and your colleagues
- Possess a flexible approach to your work due to challenges being a part of a global company
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to your work
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- A “trouble-shooter” – possess a problem solving attitude with an ability to challenge conventions
Other specific requirements:
KKWS works in the renewable industry. It is therefore important that you have a passion for the renewable energy agenda for a sustainable future on the globe. And as KKWS works on the global market it is imperative that you are fluent in English in both speaking and writing. The primary workplace is at KKWS HQ in Ikast.
The recruitment process is done is close cooperation with the Brinch & Partners, headed by Partner Peter Bjerring who has a long track record of servicing KKWS and thus is able to answer your questions. These can be directed to him via his mail: email@example.com or by calling his mobile: +45 23 277 287.
About the company:
Building on more than 40 years of experience, KK Wind Solutions is a strong partner in electro-mechanical systems for wind turbines. Our capabilities span development of state-of-the-art technologies, high-quality lean manufacturing, flexible aftermarket solutions and advanced monitoring services. KK Wind Solutions is owned by A.P. Moller Holding which is the parent company of the A.P. Moller Group, which was established in 1904 by Arnold Peter Møller. Globally we employ approximately 1.500 FTE´s.