Land Origination Senior Manager
Lead and develop the Land Origination team of leading soler energy company to drive expansion of utility scale solar projects pipeline in Denmark
Would you like to help change the future by originating major projects within solar energy solutions at GreenGo Energy which is a preferred service provider among institutional investors, infrastructure, and renewable energy funds? If yes, then this job might be your next position
Fueling the land origination process
You will lead the Team of Land Developers consisting of 5 people incl. contractors located in the respective regions they have been assigned to. Further you are responsible for developing a robust process of originating utility scale solar projects to accelerate the expansion of GreenGo Energy projects pipeline in Denmark. Yours and the teams work will be related to the identification, assessment and maturation of new suitable lands until Site Control has been successfully achieved through execution of Land Lease- or Purchase Agreements.
You will facilitate the interfacing with the back-office functions and provide the team with all information, documentation and training they need to succeed. You will monitor their progress, guide them and ensure that they are never slowed down, through an efficient management of priorities and resource allocation. You will also ensure meticulous transparency in the origination pipeline and its maturity towards Management.
The responsibilities of you and the team will be to:
- Handle the very first stage of the origination process and have an active leading role in ensuring that the new projects originated reach the first completion milestone in compliance with GreenGo Energy standard development process.
- Coordinate the different tasks and deliverables of the first Development Milestone performed by the Development Team members in charge on their respective scope (GIS, Engineering, Interconnection, Permitting). Considering all inputs, and including the Investor expectations, you will define and optimize the new project layouts prior to the submission of the Zoning Permit (“Lokal plan”) applications to the relevant municipality.
- Prepare the project description documentation (PDR), analyzing the Lease / Purchase Agreement terms, and supervising the preparation of the preliminary financial model (FM). You will obtain from the Management Team the approval prior to the execution of the Lease / Purchase Agreements. Your tasks will also include GIS database analysis, new sites SWOT assessment and supporting the drafting of Lease and Purchase Agreements. In that respect, you will be supported by the Contract Analysts assigned to the preparation of those agreements.
- Support the Business Development Team in presenting to our Investors the new projects having achieved Site Control and contribute to the transaction process occurring once the first Development Completion milestone has been achieved.
- Prepare and track the projects dashboard, as well as progress reports for the Management Team. You will ensure the Project database to be permanently updated and its structure respected. You will contribute to GreenGo Energy´s continuous improvement mindset, by improving agile and efficient processes.
You will work very closely together with the Business Development Director, who is the functional Manager of the Land Development Team and who is responsible of the negotiation process with the landowners and their advisors.
The projects are handed over to a Development Manager once Site Control have been fully achieved, and all deliverables and tasks of the first development Milestone (DM0) have been completed, facilitating a smooth transition for a successful continuity, satisfying our Investors.
You will report to the Vice President, Development, Denmark. At least two days pr. week at the Greengo Energy HQ in Vedbæk is necessary.
Strong project management skills structured and technical mindset and minimum +12 years of experience working with origination and development of complex projects
You most likely have a Master within Business Administration, Project Management, or Engineering combined with a least 8 years’ experience in the renewable energy industry or land development related to the construction or infrastructure sector. As part of your professional career, you have been directly leading project origination initiatives, and your negotiation skills have been key to succeed in major and complex land properties transactions (lease or sale).
You are used to decision making processes related to the issuance of zoning and building permits, involving municipalities and local communities.
On top of this, it is a plus if you have a technical understanding of solar technology and the drivers in the industry. You have been exposed to contract negotiations and are used to legal terms, laws and regulations applicable to the conversion of agricultural land properties to industrial purpose.
As a person, you are structured and can plan and organize your work in an effective way. You have strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills, and you can adapt to different situations and audiences. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, are rigorous, autonomous, agile and a decision maker who can work hands-on when required.
Furthermore, you are known for a great drive, a positive mindset, you are robust and thrive in a fast-changing environment, where you keep focus on the targets and the customers.
You have a strong command of both written and spoken Danish and English and you are proficient with MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and MS Office Suite.
The position will be based at the HQ in Vedbæk, Denmark.
About GreenGo Energy Group:
GreenGo’s 360 full services business model includes origination, development, engineering, construction, operations & maintenance and asset management services for project investors, our clients, tailored to the client’s needs and investment profile.
Strategic focus is transaction models that keep solar assets off balance sheet through early-stage transactions in the project development cycle and, in this process, secures full cycle financing from our clients.
This differentiated partnership model with clients lowers GreenGo’s overall risk profile and ensures a highly scalable growth platform, as the funding needs over own balance sheet are limited. GreenGo revenue streams are created by milestone fee payments throughout the development and construction cycle and through the clients funding GreenGo’s internal development costs and overheads.
Typically, GreenGo develops through a 200-600 MWp portfolio approach per portfolio transaction, ensuring scale, diversification of risk and investment size fit for the our clients. Investor commitments through this portfolio approach are generally between EUR 100m and EUR 400m.
GreenGo has more than 6.5GWp of solar and storage projects in various stages of development in selected U.S. states and Northern Europe, of which more than 1.7GWp has achieved full cycle financing through partnership agreements.
The culture can be characterized as informal yet ambitious with a strong will to succeed and an ability to execute. Together with an agile and entrepreneurial mindset, these traits have been key elements in GreenGo Energy’s success along with a strong commercial outlook. All employees are expected to take responsibility and lead efforts to completion. Furthermore, GreenGo has the ability to act quickly and take on profitable business opportunities in a creative way. Moreover, as part of an entrepreneurial and very dynamic organization, it is key to be self-motivated, self-driven and hands-on.
The paradigm going forward is the subsidy fee solar and storage solutions, zero subsidy solutions that do not rely on government subsidies or incentives. Furthermore, to tab into the massively increasing appetite in renewable assets among institutional investors, i.e. infrastructure funds, renewable funds, pension funds etc.
This zero subsidy paradigm, essential for developing a sustainable and fully scalable growth platform, is well aligned with GreenGo’s highly scalable business model. We believe that we are at the right place at the right time, and that we have the experience, the platform and track record to tab into this opportunity at significant scale. Geographic expansion is focused on Northern Europe and South/East US mid-term, going deep where we go in.
For more information, please visit www.greengoenergy.com