Chief Marketing Officer
Leading early-stage VC – Strategic Marketing & Branding
For more than two decades, PreSeed Ventures (PSV) have scouted, mentored, and funded Danish success stories like Vivino, Trustpilot, Lunar, Seaborg Technologies, and Glycom. Today, we are building a new kind of Venture Capital (VC) firm. We like to call it a Venture House – at least for now.
We specialise in all disciplines within commercialisation of technology where we find, invest, develop, and finally exit the tech companies from pre-seed stage and beyond. We consist of our first fund, PSV Tech01, are currently raising our second fund, PSV DeepTech Impact, we are acting as Portfolio manager for the Danish government, helping Climate Tech solutions into the world with DTU, and actively creating future founders through our startup school, PSV Academy.
We are looking for a strategically skilled CMO to translate and lead PSV’s new strategy and branded house into one aligned story and brand across the Nordics and later the European market.
Chief Marketing Officer
As the new Chief Marketing Officer, you will lead several strategic initiatives, all aiming to develop and strengthen the positioning that PSV has achieved in the Danish VC and start-up ecosystem. You will report to the CEO and be a part of the group management team and thus take part in the development of PSV as the leading venture house in Denmark. One of your core responsibilities will be to set a strategic direction for all communication efforts, internal as well as external, and implement it. You will be leading a committed and skilled team that is full of creativity, enthusiasm, and commitment.
How you will help strengthen PSV’s position:
- Developing and guiding the communication, marketing, and branding strategy of the PSV Venture House e.g. developing the strategic communication of PSV covering several funds and projects.
- Ensuring that the overall strategic direction is reflected in everything spanning from website and documents to SoMe channels, events, core presentations and whatever new, borderline wild, initiatives we develop together.
- Providing strategic sparring on high-level communication and strategy for ESG and Impact initiatives.
- Re(de)fining the overall direction for our startup school: PSV Academy
- Enhancing our Public Affairs and Public Relations e.g. influencing public policy and maintaining a solid reputation and find common ground with all stakeholders.
You will also be playing an integral part in our support for PSV’s portfolio companies. For example, by improving the Value Add and community offerings targeted our portfolio and the startup ecosystem in general. Together with the team you will be supporting the portfolio more hands-on, by:
- Providing input on press releases, improving core story & narrative, and aligning the mission, vision, and values of the startup to ensure a solid market position.
- Improving the startup’s position towards competitors and give strategic advice on how to ensure all communication, brand, and marketing efforts are aligned on a strategic level.
- Providing practical input and sparring on different communication and branding activities – and how to bring these to life in daily ‘startup-practice’.
Who we think we need (you are welcome to surprise us) and your role within the PSV family:
You are an experienced CMO with an analytical mindset, preferably with several years of responsibility for leading a team. You most likely have a commercial educational background at Master’s level and have subsequently had a commercially oriented career, where you have dealt with Branding, PR, Marketing, and Communication on a managerial level. Maybe you have built your career within management consulting, scale-ups, tech, IT, or another partner-led company, or maybe not – you’re welcome to prove us wrong.
What is essential, though, is that you find natural integrity and pride in empowering founders build corporations of the future on the right foundation of values. Then you will feel right at home in the PSV family. Also, you have:
- Leadership capability with minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience that will be a core part of developing the strategic direction for our PSV Venture House e.g. PreSeed Ventures different projects and funds.
- An understanding of the necessary digital marketing disciplines and how they intermingle with one another e.g. CRM, SEM, and SEO.
- Solid experience developing a branded house strategy in an environment with organisational complexity and several stakeholder groups with contradictory needs and opinions.
In other words: You excel at communication, you have a profound strategic understanding of marketing and branding, and perhaps you even have some experience with leading sustainability and ESG activities. Finally, you have solid interpersonal skills – you appreciate building new trustful relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, and other stakeholders. You’re a natural leader and know how to guide a small, devoted professional team in the right direction.