Chief Marketing Officer
Experienced executive who can lead the strategic journey from venture fund to multifaceted venture house with clear brand communication
For more than two decades, PreSeed Ventures has scouted, mentored, and funded Danish success stories like Vivino, Trustpilot, Lunar, Seaborg Technologies, and Glycom.
Today, we are building a new kind of Venture Capital firm. We like to call it a Venture House – a branded house spanning PSV Tech01, our agnostic pre-product/market fit fund, PSV DeepTech Impact, the new fund we’re currently raising, The PSV legacy fund, where we act as Portfolio manager for the Danish government, Greenpact where we help ClimateTech solutions into the world with DTU, PSV Academy, our startup school where we actively foster next gen founders and not least PSV core, our operations, business development and platform for supporting all business units within a number of disciplines.
Sounds like an ambitious setup but a fragmented description? Well, that is why we are looking for a CMO to translate and lead PreSeed Ventures’ strategic vision into one branded house with aligned and clear positioning, messaging, and communication across the Nordic and later European ecosystem for startups.
Your role as Chief Marketing Officer
As the new Chief Marketing Officer, you will play a vital role in our small tight-knit management team and be a contributing force in developing our strategic transformation from a VC with a single fund to a venture house with several funds, business units and thought leading initiatives.
Your core responsibilities will be to set the strategic direction for all brand marketing, communication and community efforts, and lead a committed, creative and hands-on team of generalists within communication, brand, public relations and ESG to execute on the strategy.
Furthermore you will:
- Take part in the executive management of PreSeed Ventures and play into the business development of new short and long term commercial activities within our strategic vision
- Develop a branded house strategy that can span across our funds, commercial units and initiatives to secure clear positioning of the PSV venture house in the startup ecosystem.
- Advise, consult, and support brand marketing and communication processes in the teams of all business units in the PSV house.
- Manage and lead your team to unfold the strategic direction in all communication efforts and channels from website, SoMe content and community events to core presentations, documents, press and whatever new, borderline wild, initiatives we develop together.
- Nurture our Public Affairs and Public Relations to carve out a solid thought leading position, form an influential voice within public startup policy and build an attractive value proposition for our stakeholders.
- You will also be playing an integral part in continuously developing and improving our communication, marketing and PR support services for portfolio companies in the PSV family alongside your team.
Who we think we need (you are welcome to surprise us) and your role within the PSV house:
You are a brand marketing profile with executive experience, a strong strategic skillset and a business development mindset.
You have solid experience developing a branded house strategy in an environment with organizational complexity and several internal as well as external stakeholder groups with individual needs and opinions.
You most likely have a commercial educational background at Master’s level. Maybe you have built your career within management consulting, brand or marketing agencies, scale-ups, tech, or another partner-led company, or maybe not – you’re welcome to prove us wrong.
What is essential, though, is that you find natural integrity and pride in empowering founders build corporations of the future on the right foundation of values, and that you appreciate building new trustful relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, and other stakeholders. In addition you are able to work onsite in Lyngby, Denmark.