Sustainability Communications & Engagement Manager
At the VELUX Group, we have an ambitious strategy with focus of sustainability, and we will give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that transform spaces with daylight and fresh air. We offer you a world of opportunities – if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
The VELUX Group recently launched “It’s our nature”, our ambitious sustainability up to 2030. The strategy defines how we will pioneer climate and nature action, we are investing in innovative sustainable products and secure a responsible business. Sustainability has been elevated as a key priority in the overall VELUX corporate strategy where we commit to delivering on our goals across the business as well as working to drive positive change in the building material industry and beyond. Read more about our Sustainability Strategy 2030 (https ://www.velux.com/what-we-do/sustainability/sustainability-strategy).
Do you want to be an important part of delivering on our ambitious sustainability strategy? Then we might be looking for you!
Joining Group Sustainability, you will be part of a team working to enable VELUX Group to visibly lead the way by setting the global standard on sustainable business. The team is responsible for developing and anchoring our sustainability strategy, approach and positions; securing overall governance, internal follow up and external reporting; and steering key external partnerships and engagement.
As the Sustainability Communications and Engagement Manager, you will be:
- Responsible for driving development relating to our strategic priority to Drive change with sustainability in the building sector and beyond. This includes:
- Overall responsible for the strategic plan and approach to sustainability communication to selected external audiences
- Working closely with Group PA and Communications to set direction and approach to enable and inspire corporate climate and nature action + building sector transformation
- Working closely with Group Comms and Group Marketing to set direction and approach to enable and inspire healthy and sustainable living in buildings, integrating sustainability into brand and marketing communication.
- Involved in strategic communications tasks, including CEO communications and shaping key internal and external positions.
- An important contributor our strategic priority to Deliver on sustainability in all functions, by setting the direction and approach for internal engagement and creating change internally, working closely with the Strategic Change and Communications team within our People and Organisation function.
- Responsible for defining the overall approach to sustainability reporting, together with a team member responsible for the reporting process.
You will be based at the VELUX Head Office in Hørsholm, north of Copenhagen, and be a part of a global organisation. You can expect to travel approximately 30 days annually – both nationally and internationally.
You have a passion for and minimum of 8 years with sustainability communications, ideally in an international corporate environment. Your knowledge and experience, together with your strategic mindset means you can quickly identify the most impactful opportunities and you understand how to build trust and credibility with internal and external audiences. The ideal candidate has experience with internal and external sustainability communications (including with stakeholders, customers, consumers and citizens).
You are an excellent communicator and can easily collaborates with people from different backgrounds – both internally and externally. It is important that you have experience working in an international setting and that you can engage comfortably with many different stakeholders across all levels. As you will engage with stakeholders throughout our global organisation, you must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing.
If you want to make a real difference, this is the place to be. You will work alongside experienced and passionate colleagues – in a setting where knowledge is shared, and responsibility is given to those who can and will. Our team is characterised by an informal tone and respect for each other both as team players and as individuals.
We are a strong value-based company where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among the core values and teamwork and professionalism is essential to the way we work. We will provide you with the opportunities, inspiration, and state-of-the-art tools to create a brighter, common future.
For 75 years, the VELUX Group has created better living environments for people around the world; making the most of daylight and fresh air through the roof. Our product programme includes roof windows and modular skylights as well as a range of decoration and sun screenings, roller shutters, installation solutions and intelligent home controls. These products help to ensure a healthy and sustainable indoor climate, for work and learning,for play and pleasure. We work globally – with sales and manufacturing operations in more than 40 countries and around 10,500 employees worldwide. The VELUX Group is owned by VKR Holding A/S, a limited company wholly owned by foundations and family.