Do you want to part of Denmark’s most ambitious ClimateTech initiative?
The world is asking for positive change, both for the climate, the environment, people, and society. One thing is to have the intention of contributing positively to the world – quite another is to ensure that action is put behind the words.
Parts of the technology and competencies already exist at the universities and the industry. Thus, we need to find and awaken them. We combine strong technical and commercial competencies to create Denmark’s most ambitious ClimateTech initiative – GreenPact. Starting as a pilot at DTU, the vision behind the GreenPact initiative is to make Denmark the leading green startup “hub” in the world. GreenPact is thus a rallying point for finding new technologies, ideas, and talents, and giving them the proper means and opportunities to become a commercial success that can create a climate-positive change for the world.
Business Development Manager
In the position as Business Development Manager, you will be a part of an exciting and dynamic environment, where the focus on new technologies, startups and cultivating a valuable community is paramount. You will be part of a new, ambitious, and lasting initiative which aims to increase the number of startups from universities within climate technologies. As new Business Development Manager you will be a pivot point for relevant ClimateTech technologies and projects at DTU.
In GreenPact you will play a central role in:
- Increasing the number of startups from research within climate technologies
- Scouting for ClimateTech projects within relevant research environments at DTU’s departments
- Commercializing ClimateTech projects in close collaboration with colleagues
- Building teams and ventures with support from colleagues
- Use of existing support mechanisms such mentor- and cofounder programs
- Contributing to building an entrepreneurial ecosystem for ClimateTech cases at DTU, involving research and industry as central stakeholders.
- You will work closely with DTU Skylab’s team of Innovation Partner team and ensure collaboration with the innovation partners as well as the relevant departments.
- Making the GreenPact initiative successful by engaging in the GreenPact collaboration and the wider ecosystem around DTU.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who is an experienced entrepreneur with a business or technology background and who has:
- +5 years of experience from ClimateTech related businesses or projects
- A strong network in Denmark as well as internationally
- Strong social and communicative skills
- High level communication proficiency in Danish and English
- Strong networking skills and ability to navigate in large organizations
If you possess some of the following qualifications, it will be an additional advantage:
- Personal experience as entrepreneur and/or intrapreneur
- Experience in venture capital/early-stage investments
- Experience in and flair for building teams around commercially viable technology projects
Who are we?
We are experienced people who bring both technological, business development and commercial capabilities to the table and we all have opinions about the world and society. We get up every morning to make a difference – and we mean it. We share the desire and willingness to inspire the business community, academic environments, the venture market, and other stakeholders in the Danish ecosystem to engage in the goal of creating a positive impact. In other words, we are not afraid to fight a little extra hard for what we believe in. We want to make what many people think is impossible, possible.
The GreenPact initiative is a collaboration of the DTU innovation ecosystem encompassing DTU Skylab, PreSeed Ventures, DTU Center for Entrepreneurship and DTU Science Park. The initiative will be governed by a board representing these partners and DTU’s SVP for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
You will be employed at DTU Skylab – DTU’s innovation hub.