Head of Credit & Customer Risk (f/m/d)
Be in charge of handling credit & customer risk for 10.000+ customers in 100+ countries
RHI Magnesita is a global leading heavy industries company with app. 3bn Euro’s revenue and 12.000 employees. Credit & Customer Risk is a lean and efficient team consisting of 5 skilled professionals that supports Global Sales. Do you want to develop your finance leadership career in a company that promotes high performers and do you have the personal skills to further develop the team and handle complex customer risk matters in a highly ambitious organization then we have the role for you.
About the job
As Head of Credit & Customer Risk at RHI Magnesita’s headquarters in Vienna, you are the leader of a lean and efficient team that sets standards and supports the business globally. The Credit & Customer Risk department is responsible to manage the group’s trade credit risk by establishing and overseeing the credit risk policy, evaluating risk appetite, coordinating credit ratings, managing the credit insurance policy and coverage, assigning credit limits to our customers, overseeing order releases and, monitoring collections and dunning. The team is also responsible to structure and manage financial solutions to support business activities and reduce risks, such as export letters of credit, documentary collections, factoring and ECA-backed customer financing. Another key pillar of the team is to act as a business partner especially to the sales and commercial execution organizations by actively delivering first and second level support, contract management, structuring reports and KPI, providing advisory and creating solutions.
As Head of Customer & Credit Risk you will:
- define the credit risk guideline and oversee its execution, including flexibly adapting during critical times to steer through periods of reduced visibility, increased risk, and decisions under high uncertainty
- business partner to senior leadership in sales and finance along the whole customer & accounts receivables life-cycle
- develop processes, bridge systems and technologies in order to support business demands
- focal point for contract management and external stakeholders (i.e., factoring banks, trade finance partners, trade credit risk insurers and auditors)
- support business demands by evaluating options, advising on risks and rewards, proposing actions, and structuring financial solutions
- close coordination with the business service centers to ensure effectiveness across the entire process chain
- lead a team of four highly motivated and talented professionals with different backgrounds and sets of skills by bringing the best out of them and further developing their capabilities and career
You are a reliable and proactive professional that are able to own and be accountable for global processes and projects. As you will be dealing with stakeholders at all levels incl. senior management, and you have the mandate to refuse a given sales order which the sales organizations do not necessarily agree with, it is key that you possess good stakeholder management skills. You have aptitude for data management, analytical skills and are able to diligently govern information and transform it into insight. You can easily transition from detailed expert-like topics to strategic discussions with senior management. You strive to bring the best out of your team, extensively collaborate with your peers and excel in supporting your internal and external clients. You are a hands-on, action-oriented, communicative, and innovative individual who is eager to take responsibilities. You appreciate a lively and demanding working environment, and you are happy to take on a leadership role in a global and multicultural organization.
In addition, you have:
- 5+ years of experience in areas of finance either in an international manufacturing company or from Big 4. Your work experience can be in a similar role in Credit & Customer Risk, other Treasury role, Business Controller, FP&A role (especially related to Sales) or similar
- Prior leadership experience is an advantage but not a requirement
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or similar
- Excellent MS Office skills – good knowledge SAP is a plus
- Fluent spoken and written English. German, Portuguese, and Spanish are a plus
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking, and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology Empowerment to take responsibility and force your own career success
- You will have the opportunity to learn, to lead and to build something new with colleagues from around the world
- We attach importance to a respectful and cherishing environment with open decision-making processes
- We promote direct communication, openness and collaboration with our award-winning and innovative employee app
- We offer you a full-time position (38.5 hours / week) at the Corporate headquarters in Vienna.