Procurement Manager, Marketing
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your in-depth marketing knowledge in a global and strategic procurement role? Can you engage and motivate your procurement team and partner with senior stakeholders and suppliers, to identify and realize long term business value in a fast-paced environment?
The VELUX Group has embarked on an exciting and ambitious growth journey, while at the same time becoming a CO2-neutral company. And they are now looking for an experienced Procurement Manager, who is used to operate in a global and strategic environment with both corporate and local stakeholders.
Join the VELUX Group Indirect Procurement team and help us to drive business value realisation.
As Procurement Manager, you will oversee and manage the global external spend within the marketing area responsibility. Together with your team, consisting of two Category Managers in direct report and 4 Lead Buyers in dotted line, you will develop and maintain the network of business stakeholders to understand the business strategies, targets and plans. You will use this knowledge to develop category strategies and to plan and execute strategic procurement activities, providing maximum procurement value to our business. Our stakeholders expect high performance so your experience, creativity, ambitions and relational skills will be essential to you and your team’s success.
With reference to the Senior Director of Indirect Procurement (CPO, Indirect) you will join the Group Indirect Procurement management team, where we define and drive the implementation of the overall indirect procurement strategy and targets, ensuring global execution and coverage of VELUX indirect procurement spend.
You will be responsible for leading a dedicated team and successfully motivate them to create value for the marketing business why you need to be an enabler who can ensure progress through coaching and sparring.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Understand and navigate in the global and regional marketing supply markets. Build relationships with key and strategic suppliers in the category focusing on long-term and strategic relations and optimization.
- Understand and analyse spend behaviour, spend-generating activities and procurement processes within the marketing area.
- Build and manage relations to internal marketing stakeholders, and understand their targets, strategies, and plans.
- Develop your category strategy (and sub-category strategies where applicable) and align it with key stakeholders. Plan and execute strategic procurement activities according to the strategy and upon business requests.
- Negotiate agreements and terms with strategic suppliers to secure optimum terms for the VELUX Group.
- Direct and collaborate with Lead Buyers in our regional hubs.
- Successfully engage, motivate, and manage your team.
- Promote and live a culture of long-term optimizations and procurement value provision.
- Provide input to overall strategy and policy revisions.
You will be working from our Head Office in Hørsholm. You do not have to be on site five days a week, but we believe that physical presence, strong teamwork and collaboration enforces the ability to create results. You should expect to travel 15-20 days annually – both nationally and internationally.
You have proven to be a strong negotiator and good communicator, capable of making an impact. You have an excellent analytical, creative and business-oriented mindset alongside a holistic view of expenditure, however with proper curiosity to details to identify and realize potential. You master stakeholder management, work in a highly organized and team focused manor and you are an experienced leader with a drive for leading successful teams.
Moreover, we expect that you:
- Have in-depth knowledge of marketing suppliers and the global marketing supply market. We are looking for 5+ years of experience with international procurement with proven results within relevant procurement positions.
- Master all aspects of procurement, i.e. category management, business partnering, strategy development, sourcing, contract negotiation, contract approval, contract implementation, supplier and contract management.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and experienced in spend analysis and reporting tools (SAP Business Objects, MS PowerBI).
- Speak and write English fluently.
The VELUX Group is the world leader in roof windows and skylights. We are family and foundation-owned with a long history of strong results and giving back to society. We offer exciting challenges and great opportunities for your personal and professional development, and you will get a unique chance to work with competent and dedicated colleagues where commitment, mutual respect and thoroughness are among our core values.
You will join a team of highly experienced and collaborative colleagues. Our collaboration efforts help us succeed as a team, and we strive to achieve great results together. With an informal working atmosphere, we share our knowledge and take the right action to reach our goals.