Waste to Energy Project Manager
Lead refractory installation projects for Waste to Energy plants in Europe
RHI Magnesita is the global leader and driving force in the refractory business – they develop, produce, sell and install heat-resistant materials and products for high temperature production. Without RHI Magnesita cars, planes, glass, roads and many other things that we take for granted would not exist. RHI Magnesita has app. 14.000 employees, 2.7 bn. Euro in turnover, and serves more than 10.000 customers within steel, cement, glass, metals, energy, chemical and similar industries.
RHI Magnesita is providing refractory installating, repair and maintenance services for the Waste to Energy sector througout Europe and Middle East. RHI Magnesita is building a W2E Competence Center in Rotterdam to provide technical refractory solutions to W2E plants in BeneLux, France, Russia, Turkey, CEE and other areas in Europe as well as the Middle East. Do you possess great technical understanding of W2E plants and do you wish to continue your career providing refractory services for major W2E plants for the world’s leading refractory company then we got the job for you.
About the job
RHI Magnesita is experiencing strong growth in the W2E sector. You will become part of an app. 10 people Project Manager team servicing customers within W2E, glass and aluminium production. You will have great impact on the role and on how RHI Magnesita work with W2E customers. Your projects will be with both green field W2E as well as service projects. Your daily tasks will include:
- Support of the sales department in the preparation of technical offers
- Handling of refractory projects, primarily for Waste to Energy / municipal waste
- Close cooperation with the design department, checking and evaluating drawings, creating project documentation
- Contact person for internal / external project participants
- Independent control and coordination of our projects with the specialist departments
- Coordination of the work of subcontractors / sub-suppliers
- Monitoring of costs, milestones, deadlines, and quality
- Technical support for tenders for third-party services during the projects
- Staying on the construction site for the purpose of monitoring assembly activities, regular visits to the construction site
The role is ideally based in Rotterdam – alternatively at our global HQ in Vienna or at Wiesbaden Germany.
You have a relevant university / technical college degree within Engineering. Further you have at least 3-5 years with operations or Project Management within plant construction, maintenance, repair or similar in the field of waste incineration, Waste to Energy or municipal waste. If you do have technical understanding and work experience with refractories and refractory installations it is an advantage. Your work experience comes either from a W2E plant, from W2E engineering / construction or from another refractory company where you have worked with W2E plants.
Further we are looking for you who have:
- Strong technical knowledge / understanding of W2E plants
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written. German is an advantage but not a requirement
- Willingness to travel at home and abroad
- Independent, organized, solution-oriented way of thinking and working, flexibility
- Ideally, work experience on construction sites
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive, and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer we offer:
- A varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- The opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology
- Empowerment to take responsibility and force your own career success
- Importance to a respectful and cherishing environment with open decision-making processes
- Detailed introduction into the tasks with your team and colleagues
- Challenging and diverse tasks within a multicultural and passionate working environment
- Cross-functional collaboration with an open-minded and innovative team
- Attractive training and development opportunities across all career stages
- Flexible working hours, health insurance contribution and competitive pension plan
- A full-time position (40 hours / week) at either our modern office in Rotterdam or Vienna