Senior Financial Reporting Specialist (m/f/d)
You thrive in an international company where things move fast. Ensuring that deadlines are being met is what motivates you, and you like to work in an environment where numbers and KPI’s are key words. You have a thorough understanding of Accounting Concepts, Procedures and Regulations in an international environment.
You are a real team-player, but you also know how to work independently without daily instructions and you have a “can-do-attitude.” With your excellent communication skills you know how to approach all layers of the organization, and with your general curiosity you are continuously seeking to improve and adapt easily to changes. You are willing to travel to different RHI Magnesita sites when the need is there.
In addition, you have:
- At least 5 years experience in financial accounting and reporting
- Completed business education (HAK, FH, University) including Chartered Accountant exams
- High-level skilled profession within usage of SAP and MS Office; basic knowledge of HFM (Hyperion Financial management) is an advantage
- Good knowledge in accounting (e.g. IAS/IFRS)
- Fluent in German and English (verbal and in writing), any additional language will be considered an asset
- Open minded team-player with hands-on mentality
About the job
As a Senior Financial Reporting Specialist your task will be to oversee all financial aspects of the RHI Magnesita entities under your scope and implement RHI Magnesita’s finance strategy. You will be fully responsible for the accounting activities (according to local GAAP & according to IAS/IFRS for group reporting) for selected legal entities and the flow of accurate financial information to the head of Regional Finance Europe. You will act as the intermediary between the internal shared service center in Spain, the Corporate and Group functions, especially IFRS Consolidation, and external parties such as auditors, banks or external professional service providers.
Your tasks will include:
- Ensure legal entity reporting is done accurately and in compliance with local statutory requirements and in accordance with group accounting guidelines (IAS/IFRS)
- Approval of timely payment for payroll and supplier invoices.
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accounting matters (e.g. AR, AP, general ledger), including audit systems in the countries in your territory (although the operating activities related to those transactions are performed by the internal shared service, you will act as the ultimate accountable for the reported figures)
- Overall control of cash management and other treasury matters on an ongoing basis as well as liaising treasury topics (cooperation with Corporate Treasury)
- Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting statements to comply with internal RHI Magnesita’s group reporting requirements
- Preparation and submission of Annual Group Statutory Accounts Pack and liaising with external auditors
- Preparing legal entity annual statutory accounts and filing
- Adherence to local taxation and cooperation with Tax department rules as well as inland revenue submissions
- Ensuring company compliance with RHI Magnesita’s corporate internal control procedures and guidelines
- Any other duties or projects assigned to you by the organization.
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology Empowerment to take responsibility and force your own career success
- You will have the opportunity to learn, to lead and to build something new with colleagues from around the world
- We attach importance to a respectful and cherishing environment with open decision-making processes
- We promote direct communication, openness and collaboration with our award-winning and innovative employee app
- We offer you a full-time position (38.5 hours / week) in the Finance and Reporting Department at headquarters Vienna.