Senior Automation Engineer, Radenthein, Austria
Digital flagship role for global leading company
RHI Magnesita is the global leader and driving force in the refractory business – materials and products that can withstand more than 1200 °C for high temperature production processes. Without RHI Magnesita cars, planes, glass, and many other things would not exist. RHI Magnesita has 12.000 employees, 2.7 bn. Euro in turnover, 25% global market share and serves more than 10.000 customers within steel, cement, glass, metals, energy, chemical and similar industries.
Learn more about RHI Magnesita here: https://www.rhimagnesita.com/videos/
Form the future with state-of-the-art technology at the Radenthein production facility
RHI Magnesita install a wide range of refractory products to customers production sites within steel, cement, glass, metals, energy, chemical and similar industries. In total, RHI Magnesite owns 25 production sites around the world and the production site in Radenthein Austria is set to be the flagship in digitalization, being the pilot plant for the rest of the production plants. You will be key in this journey for RHI Magnesita.
RHI Magnesita is a well-known and recognized brand within refractory, and you will have the responsibility to manage business critical projects to ensure smooth processes in RHI Magnesita’s process control technology. You will act both as a project manager and as the technical expert/consultant to support the local automation projects. It is a position with great responsibility and high visibility.
You will be part of the Automation- and Digitalization- Team and you will report to the Site Manager of the Radenthein plant. You will also be working closely together with the global automation team and be part of a critical organization unit in the driver seat. The environment is multicultural and is characterized by cross-functional collaboration with an open-minded and innovative culture.
Senior Automation Engineer with experience from related business
You can bring deep understanding and knowledge of PLC and DCS into RHIM to improve automation system level including hardware and software. You are passionate about managing global automation projects professionally and reaching the respective project targets. You are confident in cooperating with cross functional organizations and support global plants from automation technical side in daily business.
Further the right candidate holds the following personal traits and skills – you:
- Management, commissioning, servicing, and maintenance of the process control technology system such as Simens PCS 7 and other systems e.g., from ABB, Emerson, Honeywell
- Improvement and enhancement of the PCS 7 system in collaboration with the process-owners
- Ensuring smooth processes in our control technology
- Analysis of data as well as development and implementation of methods for preventive and condition-based maintenance to ensure system availability as “Digital Reference Point” in the global network within the group
- Have a good communication style and reliable relationships with internal organization and external vendors
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the field of process control technology
- Knowledge of DCS/PLC systems such as Emerson/Siemens/ABB/Rockwell, Siemens’s PCS 7 background will be plus, but not a requirement
- Fluent English both in writing and speaking is a must – have. German language skills are beneficial at the beginning and should be obtained after you have joined RHI Magnesita.
- University degree in the field of Electrical-Automation Engineering