Motorola Solutions provides mission-critical voice and data communications solutions. Increasing, these communication solutions provide broadband capabilities enabling access to vast amount of data and data sources. In order to deliver maximum value to our customers Motorola offers a portfolio of solutions which transform ever-growing data sources into a force multiplier enabling fast, accurate emergency response and crime prevention. These solutions range from advanced integrated Command and Control systems to intelligence-led solutions, including technology such as data analytics, prediction and video streaming technologies.
This is an opportunity to design and deliver solutions to our customer’s problems using Motorola’s latest land mobile radio solutions. You will join a small team of Solution Architects who provide specialist support to the regional sales teams, primarily within Denmark, Norway and Sweden but assigned to a larger team for the Western and Nordics region.
As a Technical Architect you will:
- Be responsible for the development of compelling land mobile radio (LMR) and comparable broadband solutions using consulting-led selling techniques.
- Serve in an architect capacity with customers and their requirements to develop solutions that are supportable from a technical perspective.Be accountable for understanding all aspects of complex solutions and top level requirements, and will coordinate with other functional areas, subcontractors, partners, and customers in finalising requirements and addressing technical issues.
- Review and analyse current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives of solutions for customers (in order to design and propose the best solutions). This includes working with multiple bodies within customer organisations to assist in the improvement of business processes, and recommending new systems or product upgrades.
On a daily basis you will:
- Work with sales team to identify pipeline and plan activities on a weekly and monthly basis
- Participate in opportunity assessment, qualification, development of the response strategy, proposal development, review and feedback process, competitive positioning
- Lead all technical sales activities related to assigned sales opportunities
- Specifying and documenting designs and preparing proposal material including system descriptions and bill-of-materials
- Work closely with the entire bid team to ensure overall customer objectives and strategy is maintained
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product consulting, technical and sales input
- Customer requirements definition, risk analysis and services and time delivery evaluation
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers and partners
- Yield maximum product and services revenue from each opportunity while driving customer satisfaction.
- Where required, the design and implementation of solutions for user trials / pilots
- Articulating solutions to customers and demonstrating deep knowledge of the customer’s problem space and solutions
- Supporting the procurement organisation to obtain and evaluate quotations from equipment vendors
- Ability to initiate and build solid working relationships and to be self-motivated, results-oriented and operate with minimal supervision
Your skills and experience:
To be successful as a Technical Architect you should have several years of experience in the detailed design and deployment of complex IT solutions in order to have credibility with potential customers.
- 5 years working as a supplier of solutions based upon LMR or DMR technology, including deep understanding of attributes such as geo-redundancy, data capability and capacity planning
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, OR a two year technical degree with a minimum of 2 years military experience, OR a minimum
of three years experience working in an external customer interfacing role specifically in the Telecommunications or IT Industry.
- Certifications related to system and network architecture such as MCSE, MSNE, CWNA, CCNA/CCDP, MCSE/NE, CISSP would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of managing and supporting large bids from a Pre Sales perspective
- Demonstrate a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals in the region
- Good working knowledge of the latest IT and IP networking technologies
- Specific experience of transition planning and execution to bring LMR solutions into service
- Demonstrated performance in Complex Solutioning and innovative deal construct
- Fluent in spoken and written Danish and English, with the ability to clearly document complex technical solutions to customers
- Norweigan/Swedish language will be an advantage.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.