Clio develops educational technology to make all kids smarter. Since 2006 the EdTech company has created a number of innovative services and differentiation tools for the classroom in addition to 45 interactive learning portals for all primary and lower secondary school subjects. Clio bases its work on experiences from the country’s classrooms and the latest developments in technology and didactics. Clio’s educational technology is currently in use by more than 750,000 students and 80,000 teachers:
Head of Marketing
EdTech – Market Leader – Nordic
Are you an ambitious, curious, and creative marketer with experience from leading a high performing marketing team? And do you know your SaaS metrics inside out? Then here is your chance to use all of it to help make kids smarter.
At Clio, we are on the ambitious path of preparing kids for the digital future through our educational technology. We are looking for a Head of Marketing who will lead all our marketing activities from digital to offline over creative projects to revenue and product marketing with a specific focus on our core markets in Denmark and Sweden.
As our new Head of Marketing, you will be a central part of our commercial management team and work closely together with Danish and Swedish sales organizations on our commercial strategy in our core markets as well as with our product organisation. Reporting directly to Clio’s Chief Business Officer your responsibilities will include setting and executing the marketing strategy for our core business as well as supporting activation of emergent markets and products. This also includes budget- and resource management. You will manage a young and skilled marketing team and be responsible for the development of our brand ensuring that the organization’s message and brand narrative is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Helping Clio reaching our revenue goals by hitting our quarterly performance goals for marketing and sales qualified leads
- Hands on leadership and mentoring of the marketing team securing motivated team that develops under your leadership
- Updating and maintaining our marketing strategy based on ROI driven audience targeted (customer journey) and market segmented campaigns and programs.
- Setting, driving, and aligning marketing direction and priorities with our commercial departments and the Product Organization
- Turning market and user data into tagenable actions that will enable us to optimize our customer journey.
What do we expect from our new Head of Marketing?
You are a person that has a track record of following projects to and through the door. You have an engaging leadership style and appreciative way of communicating with direct’s and stakeholders. You will be responsible for a young, but experienced team of talented marketers that will both need your guidance, advice and not least a hands-on leader. This requires that you have extended and recent hands-on experience in digital marketing processes – from product marketing, brand management, content marketing, lead generating on social and PPC, to nurturing via marketing automation.
If we could choose from the top of the shelf, we would expect you to:
- Have a solid experience (+5 years) in digital marketing from one or more tech or SaaS companies
- Experience with managing a team to glory and commercial success
- Know your SaaS metrics by the fingertips and have extended experience with content and omnichannel marketing – We use Marketo, SalesForce and WordPress
- Have proven experience finding ways of creating great value while staying on budget and delivering on time.
- Be fluent in English and Danish as well experience in presenting information to senior management.
- Have a Master’s / cand. merc. degree in business, marketing, technology, communication or relevant field of study.
What You Can Expect from Us
At Clio you will be part of an agile, dynamic, and informal workplace with 140 colleagues in what we would describe as a welcoming work environment. We have a strong sense of trust in each other, and decisions can be made quite fast due to our flat hierarchy. We believe there is more to life than work and even though we have high expectations of you it is not that you should work all the time. We offer a great deal of flexibility in terms of working from home arrangements (also when Covid is not around). We love our office that is nicely situated in the heart of Copenhagen close to public transportation, Kastellet for walk and talks and a lot of good bakeries and bars. We serve a nice lunch if we are to rate it ourselves. It is daily as well as freshly prepared by our own Chef.
On the benefits side we offer a company pension scheme, health insurance and salary package (including a commission plan) depending on qualifications and experience.