Senior Indoor Climate or Daylight Expert, Global Knowledge Centre
Are you ready to set the agenda within Daylight and indoor climate on a global level ? Are you passionate about creating more healthy homes and buildings in a global company? Do you want to contribute to the expansion of sustainable buildings by developing impactful research, knowledge, and tools? And do you have the ability to collaborate with stakeholders across all levels – both internally within VELUX and externally with some of the foremost universities? Then we might be looking for you!
VELUX is seeking an energetic and experienced colleague who shares our passion and commitment to improve indoor environments. Your expertise in daylight or indoor climate will be vital for us, by taking our efforts to a new level in a setting where every voice is valued and heard. You will also play an important role in laying the groundwork for securing the long-term relevance of the VELUX Group and our products for years to come.
You will become part of the VELUX Group’s knowledge centre on Daylight, Energy, and Indoor Climate (DEIC). We are an international team of 7 specialists who are passionate about using our knowledge of the impact of daylight and fresh air on human health and well-being, as well as the energy performance of buildings to influence the buildings of tomorrow in a healthier, more sustainable direction. We are ambitious and growth focused, both in terms of the business and the development and career progression of the team. Your enthusiasm for developing and sharing knowledge, combined with your curious, forward-thinking, solution-oriented approach, will enable you to contribute to the team most as you drive new projects for our knowledge centre. You will work out of the VELUX Group headquarter in Hørsholm and report to the Director of Daylight, Energy, and Indoor Climate.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Lead the development of large cross-functional, strategic activities like daylight and indoor climate advisory services, next-generation awareness raising tools and building performance evaluation & simulation tools
- Lead the establishment of new partnerships and research projects with leading universities to strengthen the agenda of healthy buildings across the construction sector
- Play a key role as an internal advisor, where you will be involved across business functions and proactively put your knowledge to good use in different contexts. For instance, your colleagues in Public Affairs, Product Development or Marketing could need your input in a collaboration to shape VELUX’ ventilation or daylight solutions.
- Contribute to internal decision forums where you apply your expertise in strategic discussions that set direction for VELUX
- Share your knowledge and build your existing network in external settings, e.g. at scientific conferences and with professionals in the industry.
We will come to know you as an inspiring team player that is passionate about making a difference and has the willingness and the drive to share knowledge across functions. You know how to navigate in a global organisation, balancing patience with the urge to push things through and show results. You also understand that engaging and collaborating with the right people is crucial and you are able to build a network with internal and external stakeholders. You have excellent interpersonal skills and can clearly communicate complex ideas and information to other people in a way that is understandable.
Moreover, we expect that you:
- Have a relevant master’s degree, e.g. Civil Engineer, Architectural Engineer or Architecture, alongside a deep business understanding and awareness.
- Have experience in applying your technical competence in strategic settings
- Demonstrate 5-10 years of experience in indoor climate, daylight design or similar, preferably from a consulting company.
- Are respected as a capacity in your field of expertise.
- Are experienced scoping and executing projects in collaboration with the customer.
- Are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Can travel approximately 10-15 days annually, primarily within Europe.
If you want to make a difference, this is the place to be. You will work alongside highly experienced and passionate colleagues – in a setting where knowledge is shared, and responsibility is given to those who can and will. Our team is characterised by an informal tone and respect for each other both as team players and as individuals.
We are a strong value-based company where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among the core values and teamwork and professionalism is essential to the way we work. We will provide you with the opportunities, inspiration, and state-of-the-art tools to create a brighter, common future.