Recycling Procurement Expert in global leading company
Develop global recycling BU through comprenhensive market understanding and solid procurement
RHI Magnesita is the global leader and driving force in the refractory business – materials and products that can withstand more than 1200° C for high temperature production. Without us cars, planes, glass, roads and many other things would not exist. RHI Magnesita has 14.000 employees, 2.9 bn. Euro in turnover. Recycling is a growing and strategic prioritized business segment that has the potential to considerably reduce negative environmental impact and make RHI Magnesita stand out from competing refractory companies. Do you have a strong background within recycling procurement and are you able to take part in developing the Recycling BU through thorough market understanding then we have the role for you.
RHI Magnesita Recycling business development through procurement and market intelligence
We install a wide range of refractory products at our customers production sites within steel, cement, glass, metals, energy, chemical and similar industries. The refractory products last from a few days up to twenty years in these harsh production environments. Part of this can be recycled to the benefit of the environment. To enhance the RHI Magnesita usage of recycled refractory materials we purchase from 3rd party refractory recycling companies. Your overall responsibility is to develop our recycling business from a procurement perspective in terms of create an understanding of the diverse and complex refractory recycling market and drive the long-term procurement primarily in Europe in line with RHI Magnesita strategy. Your daily tasks are to:
- Conduct strategically oriented technical purchasing negotiations based on deep market understanding to negotiate wisely: prices, inventory levels, quality assurance, payment terms.
- Proactively research the recycling circular minerals market to understand the market pressures and keep up to speed on latest industry developments.
- Map the market, all the players and build and manage business relationship with 3rd parties refractory recycling companies.
- Envision, develop, and deploy procurement solutions to bring opportunities from the market beyond the recurring supply requests – new ideas to promote the RHI Magnesita recycling strategy from suggesting new suppliers developments to new materials qualification.
- Structure and communicate complex, ambiguous, and potentially challenging business issues to advise and challenge the circular economy business developers
- Define, lead and project manage market intelligence projects by interpreting internal and external benchmarking data to produce insightful findings matched to business requirements.
You become part of the global Purchasing team and you report to the SVP Global Purchasing. The job is based preferably in Rotterdam.
Experienced Recycling Procurement Expert
You probably have a university degree within economy or similar. Most importantly you have solid procurement experience with recycling within a related industry like mining & metals, glass, ceramics, cement, chemical business or similar. You possess great business acumen and the reason why you pursue your career in Procurement is to develop business. You are strong at understanding and mapping market dynamics and drawing the right business conclusions in terms of who to cooperate and make strategic alliances with. You know how to support business development based on your thorough market understanding.
In addition, you:
- Navigate in ambiguity bringing clarity and structure as you go and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Are data-driven and highly analytical, and demonstrated experience of translating data and trends into recommendations, strategies and compelling messaging.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with senior executive leadership and excellent people influencing skills.
- Possess the ability to work well in an unstructured, ambiguous environment, bringing clarity and structure as you go.
- Are an entrepreneur and have good team work skills: Ability to work independently with limited direction in a matrix structure.
- Have experience with SAP (huge advantage) and possibly also Ariba
- Fluency in English – other languages like German is desirable
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology Empowerment to take responsibility and force your own career success
- You will have the opportunity to learn, to lead and to build something new with colleagues from around the world
- We attach importance to a respectful and cherishing environment with open decision-making processes
- We promote direct communication, openness and collaboration with our award-winning and innovative employee app