Head of Customer Engineering
For KK Wind Solutions A/S we are looking for a technology leader, who together with a global team of “power wizards” wants to design and develop sustainable power solutions and thereby contribute to a greener world.
The Head of Customer Engineering heads a team of dedicated technology specialists that are all working together with one of the world largest windmill manufacturers to make new power solutions.
In headlines the key challenges and contributions will be:
- Lead a team of great people working with new product development
- Collaborate with the world largest wind turbine manufacturer
- Enable a wind powered future with digitalisation at the forefront
“We develop innovative solutions for the next generations of wind turbines. And with our size we are big enough to make a global difference and small enough to act entrepreneurial and be agile”, explains CTO René Balle, who Head of Customer Engineering will report to.
Welcome to Customer Engineering, SCU 2
At the KK HQ in Ikast, you will lead and develop the Customer Engineering in one of KK´s business divisions, Strategic Customer Unit, SCU 2. Customer Engineering is responsible for developing new products, mainly within power- and control systems, for some of the leading wind turbine manufacturers in the world. The products cover a broad range of innovative electromechanical solutions for wind turbines – from small UPS subsystems to +50 tons system supplies.
The delivery covers everything from specification and development to documentation and tests of new products, typically in co-development with the customer.
Shape the future within green energy technology
As Head of Customer Engineering, SCU 2 you will have 4 direct reports; 3 system managers and 1 team leader, who is responsible for 8 technical project leads. All the reports to Head of Customer Engineering are based at HQ in Ikast, but the rest of the team is based at the KK factories around the world; in Denmark, Poland, India and China, i.e. the team is truly global with highly skilled engineers and project leads.
The business unit has experienced tremendous growth during the last years and KK expects the growth to continue and thus expects to expand the team.
“Your new team is a bunch of highly motivated wind power wizards. They are ready to take our innovation efforts to the next level – for example to get more digitalisation into our products,” René continues.
As Head of Customer Engineering, you will:
- Ensure successful customer experience and high level of output in the cooperation, typically through workshops and meetings – in which you will regularly participate yourself
- Drive technology and innovation into solid and sustainable customer solutions
- Maintain a high level of quality in the product development projects incl. efficient gate reviews
- Plan with the global key account management team and the PMO team
- Manage the team, incl. one-on-one meetings, salary reviews and supporting your team in taking the products to the next level of digital product design
- Develop & implement strategy on a corporate and functional level
- Plan and budget organizational resources and competences
- Review business on a monthly basis
Become part of our management team
You will become part of the Business Unit´s (SCU 2) management team counting the Head of Global Key Account Management, the Head of PMO, the Head of Cost Out Office and the CTO. This also means you will be in close contact with KK´s executive management team – and as such be a part of the KK global strategic management team.
Ambitious and curious leader
You are an ambitious and professional leader, who knows how to create results and act on an operational, tactical and strategic level. You take responsibility on your tasks, and you always strive for the highest possible quality – and you like to exceed the expectations. By having a good overview and control of the details, you are on the outlook for learning new things. You thrive in a working environment that on an on-going basis develops and improves the work methods and products.
Moreover, you have:
- Knowledge of electrical power systems and the design process behind it. You probably have a background as an engineer
- Solid experience with people management
- Experience working with new product development, and you have a sound understanding of the different parts of the value chain
- Experience with and a natural interest in new technologies; Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, etc.
- The flexibility to travel around 40 days a year to meet up with your team members and customers
- Ability to speak and write English effortlessly