Capex Process Engineer, Recycling
Be part of growing recycling business in global leading refractory company
RHI Magnesita is the global leader and driving force in the refractory business – materials and products that can withstand more than 1200° C for high temperature production. Without us cars, planes, glass, roads and many other things would not exist. RHI Magnesita has 14.000 employees, 2.9 bn. Euro in turnover. Recycling is a growing and strategic prioritized business segment that has the potential to considerably reduced the CO2 emissions, decrease the amount of material sent to landfill and make RHI Magnesita stand out from competing refractory companies. We are constantly developing our Recycling portfolio and right now we are looking for a Capex Process Engineer to develop internal global production capabilities to meet the growing demand for Recycling products.
About the job
RHI Magnesita owns 10 raw material sites and 25 production sites around the world. We install a wide range of refractory products at our customers production sites within steel, cement, glass, metals, energy, chemical and similar industries. The refractory products last from a few days up to twenty years. Part of this can be recycled to the benefit of the environment. As a Capex Process Engineer, Recycling, you will be supporting engineering and project management for recycling Capex projects at our production plants around the world in close cooperation with local engineering teams, assuring knowledge transfer between recycling plants and projects and manage the project overview and prioritization. Additionally, you are responsible for bringing R&D technology projects to real life, for organizing engineering projects for on-site solutions and coordinating on-site Capex projects.
Your tasks will include:
- Coordinate development of yearly Investment Budget.
- Support to Business Development area: translate ideas into technical concepts, coordinate engineering solutions, translation to Capex proposal, coordination with services department, support on execution of implementation and start-up and handover to services department.
- Overall project control / prosecution for projects> 500 k € in the cluster.
- Groupwide knowledge transfer by being included in investment projects as well as by institutionalized, periodic global knowledge management.
- Ongoing support and monitoring of the installed equipment and processes ensuring a „feed back loop“ as well as a continuous improvement of facilities and technologies, resulting in productivity increase.
- Recycling wide support of the plants in processing investment projects by adding know-how and resources; starting with the feasibility study until the final start-up and acceptance of the equipment.
You become part of the global Recycling team counting app. 20 people. The job is based either in Vienna or Leoben in Austria or Rotterdam in The Netherlands. You report to the VP Senior Executive Recycling based in Rotterdam.
Experienced Capex Process Engineer
You probably have a degree within Production, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar combined with at least 4-5 years’ experience working with Capex Engineering projects. You are an experienced target-oriented engineer that likes to connect with different people, from R&D to our customers, and bring project ideas to reality. Being a team player, you find the most natural thing in the world and your general curiosity makes you ready to travel up to 30% of your time for this role.
In addition you have:
- At least 4-5 year’s experience as a project manager in comparable areas of technology
- Project management certificate (PMI, IPMA)
- Comprehensive knowledge about the technical technological equipment and processes. If this is in the area of crushing and mixing it is an advantage but not a requirement
- Experience in plant engineering & conception as well as in maintenance- and production technologies.
- Experience in Quality, Environmental and Risk management as well as integrated management systems with focus on occupational safety
- Economic and investment knowledge
- Experience with SAP/PM and MS Office
- English fluency, other languages desirable
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology Empowerment to take responsibility and force your own career success
- You will have the opportunity to learn, to lead and to build something new with colleagues from around the world
- We attach importance to a respectful and cherishing environment with open decision-making processes
- We promote direct communication, openness and collaboration with our award-winning and innovative employee app