Recycling (Refractory) Technical Specialist
Be part of growing recycling business in global leading refractory company
RHI Magnesita is the global leader and driving force in the refractory business – materials and products that can withstand more than 1200° C for high temperature production. Without us cars, planes, glass, roads and many other things would not exist. RHI Magnesita has 14.000 employees, 2.9 bn. Euro in turnover. Recycling is a growing and strategic prioritized business segment that has the potential to considerably reduced the CO2 emissions, decrease the amount of material sent to landfill and make RHI Magnesita stand out from other refractory companies. Do you have technical refractory and recycling knowledge, a good commercial understanding and the will to take part of enhancing a global business segment then we have the opportunity for you.
Support the development of global recycling business
RHI Magnesita owns 10 raw material sites and 25 production sites around the world. We install a wide range of refractory products at our customers production sites within steel, cement, glass, metals, energy, chemical and similar industries. The refractory products last from a few days up to twenty years. Part of this can be recycled to the benefit of the environment. Your responsibility is to manage a recycling friendly product portfolio, support enhanced recycling usage within our company and foster the sales of recycling containing products. Your tasks will include:
- Implementation and harmonization of the global recycling raw materials portfolio
- Support in the development and implementation of new products and recycling usage, together with R&D and PM
- Foster the sales of recycling-containing brands
- Participation in the IBP Portfolio and demand reviews for recycling related topics
- Monitoring of recycling KPIs and support in the technical analysis of the root causes for deviation
- Understand and track the recycling usage from raw material to finished goods
- Technical support for Sales, FP&A, Sourcing&Business Development and Recycling Operations globally
- Finding internal applications for the recycling leftovers and mapping and finding solutions for bottlenecks in recycling usage
- Partner for IP (intellectual property) Tracking of internal and external patents related to recycling and strategical decisions taking to protect the RHIM market share and IP.
You become part of the global Recycling team counting app. 20 people. The job is based either in Vienna or Leoben in Austria or Rotterdam in The Netherlands. You report to the Portfolio, Sales and Market Development Manager based in Rotterdam.
Experience business developer within Recycling Refractories
You most likely have an engineering degree in Metallurgy / Materials Sciences / Process, Chemistry or similar. Ideally you possess knowledge and experience within refractory products / materials as well as recycling. Your work experience derives from Technical Marketing, Product Management, R&D, Sales, plant Quality or related. You are fluent in English – any other main European language is considered an asset.
You are an innovative, communicative refractory specialist who aspires to deliver. You like to foster the usage of recycled materials in our products and support the implementation of a recycling friendly product portfolio. You are great in connecting main stakeholders to foster the sales of recycling-containing refractories. Being a team player, you find the most natural thing in the world and your general curiosity makes you ready to travel up to 30% of your time for this role.
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology Empowerment to take responsibility and force your own career success
- You will have the opportunity to learn, to lead and to build something new with colleagues from around the world
- We attach importance to a respectful and cherishing environment with open decision-making processes
- We promote direct communication, openness and collaboration with our award-winning and innovative employee app