Product Management Director – Non-basic & MU
You are a true leader and you are fascinated by Refractory Technology. Having a big impact on the company strategy motivates you. You thrive to achieve results in a fast-moving and innovative organization where you continuously seek to improve. You have an open and collaborative mindset to excel in cross-functional work. Building relationship is your strength and you are easily approachable as well as a great communicator.
With your high pace and excellent service level you can manage multiple changing priorities and timelines while still being effective. You have analytical and problem-solving mentality that enables breaking down complex concepts into simple pieces and stepping back to understand the big picture. You are willing to travel frequently to meet your peers and stakeholders.
In addition, you have:
- A higher technical education (e.g. technical university) as well as technical knowledge
- Master or PhD will be considered an asset
- 3+ years of experience in leading technical teams
- 5+ years of experience with Refractories within Product Management, Technical Marketing, Business Development or similar
- Strong technical as well as commercial understanding of especially Non-basic refractories
- Fluency in English, German or Portuguese will be considered an asset
- Excellent MS Office skills
About the job
As Product Management Director – Non-basic & MU you will lead the team of Product Managers from a managerial and process standpoint. You thus have to ensure that the correct resources are allocated and that adequate processes are in place to facilitate routine execution.
Your main objective is to bridge with SCM, Regional Technical Marketing and R&D departments on a more strategic level to ensure product development and transfers are executed in a quick and effective manner.
Your tasks will include:
- Ensure Sourcing Strategy fulfillment (IBP/SCM)
- Foster an optimized management of the portfolio of non-basic and MU products.
- Final decision on Patent Protection.
- Ensure that there is a match between RHIM innovation and actual market demand in accordance with the Corporate Strategy
- Act as Project Owner for product development and transfers, ensuring long term growth in Sales for non-basic and MU;
- Ensure success and resource allocation within the team of Product Managers for: Product Transfers, Product Development and Strategic Projects.
The role is based either at our global HQ in Vienna or at our hub in Rotterdam – alternatively at our location near Koblenz in Germany. You report to the Global Head of Product Management who is based in Rotterdam.
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
- Challenging and diverse tasks within a multicultural and passionate working environment
- Responsible position with a high scope for action
- Cross-functional collaboration with an open-minded and innovative team
- Flat hierarchies with short decision-making processes
- Attractive training and development opportunities across all career stages
- Flexible working hours, health insurance contribution and competitive pension plan
- A full-time position (40 hours / week) at our Rotterdam, Vienna or Koblenz locations in Europe.