Head of Consolidation & IFRS in global listed manufacturing company
Enhance business performance by strong leadership and development of global financial consolidation
RHI Magnesita is the global leader and driving force in the refractory business – materials and products that can withstand more than 1200° C for high temperature production. Without us cars, planes, glass, roads and many other things would not exist. RHI Magnesita has 14.000 employees, 2.7 bn. Euro in turnover, 25% global market share and serves more than 10.000 customers within steel, cement, glass, metals, energy, chemical and similar industries. Are you a true expert within financial consolidation and IFRS of a global listed manufacturing company, do you possess the capabilities to develop the Global Consolidation & IFRS team as well and the consolidation-function and do you want to develop your career in a highly skilled finance organization then we have the opportunity for you.
Learn more about RHI Magnesita here: https://www.rhimagnesita.com/videos/
Lead, drive and develop global financial consolidation & IFRS function
Your overall responsibility is to provide excellent leadership of the Consolidation & IFRS team, and to ensure that the team delivers financial information timely, accurate, complete and compliant with IFRS. The team conducts consolidation for app. 120 legal entities globally and coordinate the year end audit process through a team of experts and regional counterparts in collaboration with external auditors. You lead two teams of app. 10 highly qualified finance experts’ and your and your team’s daily tasks includes but are not limited to:
- Lead monthly consolidation process through central HFM consolidation system – P&L, balance sheet, cash flow
- Reporting of Group financial statements (Half Year, Full Year) in accordance with IFRS and listed companies’ requirements
- Provide relevant, actionable analysis around monthly financial results of the entities and BUs
- Work within central finance teams to support regional finance in compliance with Group wide financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Advise on complex accounting matters, changes of standards, including maintenance of Group accounting manual
- Collaborate on design, implementation and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices
- Continuous development of the global financial consolidation function – e.g. improve reporting accuracy and speed, improve team skillset etc.
You report to the Global Head of Finance & Reporting and you interact with a large group of internal stakeholders like the Finance Leadership team, the Executive Management team predominantly the CFO, Central & Regional Finance, IR, Global Business Service Centers and other. Externally the primary stakeholders are auditors and financial regulators. The job is based at the global RHI Magnesita HQ in Vienna.
Experienced Financial Consolidation / Reporting leader
You have a university degree in Finance or Accounting and ideally a Chartered Accountant qualification. It is an advantage to have big 4 experience working with international listed manufacturing companies. Further you preferably have some years’ experience working with Consolidation, Financial Reporting, Corporate Accounting or similar in an international listed manufacturing company combined with at least 2 years relevant leadership experience.
Further the ideal candidate has the following skills and personal traits:
- Strong desire and ability to lead and develop the 2 teams
- A strong drive and hands-on approach to apply excellent technical accounting skills to connect business decisions with financial accounting requirements
- Business-minded leader and functional expert with outstanding Finance know how
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong experience with SAP and HFM