Develop growth market for global leading refractory company
Do you want to be part of taking the foundry market to the next level in a global leading refractory company, with a substantial high-end product portfolio? Do you possess strong technical foundry / refractory understanding, and do you want to develop your career in a company with aggressive growth plans, who invests a lot in R&D to stay ahead of the competition, and who has the strongest in-house resources in the market – then we have the opportunity for you.
Grow Foundry segment
Foundry is a growth segment for RHI Magnesita. With an ambitious target for expansion, we are building up our team in defined markets. RHI Magnesita is a well-known recognized brand within the market. The company has a broad range of materials, products and services and can provide advanced solutions to the client’s business.
As a Sales Manager, you will support our existing customers and develop new opportunities across the United States together with more colleagues in Sales. The job is 50% maintaining and developing existing business and 50% hunting new business. The sales differ a lot in size, and the yearly expected yearly sales revenue is app. 2-2,5m USD. Internally, you interact with your sales colleagues, Quotation / Pricing, Commercial Management / Customer Service, Engineering, Technical Marketing, Product Management, Supply Chain, Finance and others. Your stakeholders at the client side varies depending on the kind of company. It can be Plant Management, Technical Management, Operational Management, Procurement, Engineering or similar.
The customer base in this segment is largely medium-sized companies with a specialized product portfolio that creates specific needs. With the support of our technical team, you will work with the customers to optimize their applications.
Your sales area is the US, and the role should be home office based, preferably in the Lake Michigan area.
Experienced technically oriented Sales Manager with strong drive for growth
You have a university degree preferably within a technical field. You have previous sales experience as well as a strong technical understanding within foundry products and / or metallurgical products – alternatively other refractory product areas. Your background might be from the operational side with a strong desire to develop into a sales role.
In addition, you possess the following personal traits and skills:
- With your strong technical refractory foundry knowledge, you are able to engage at a high level on-site with clients and with internal staff technical as well as non-technical
- You possess empathy and great communication skills which enables you to establish report and create meaningful and relevant relations with clients as well as colleagues around our organization
- With you high level of energy and natural drive to develop and grow things you constantly hunt for opportunities to sell more
- Good knowledge of MS Office, esp. Excel
- Availability for traveling (mainly national)
- Best case scenario, you also speak another Latin language (beneficial)
- Project management / consulting experience (beneficial)
You are a people person and a sharp thinker at the same time. You also enjoy the direct and unfiltered impact that you can make on a company as a Sales Manager and look forward to the opportunities for impact that comes with the role. You want to change things and rather act than to elaborate on brainy concepts.
You feel comfortable in a discussion with blue-collar operations managers on the shop floor as well as with management in the office. You like the complexity and challenge of improving the customers’ products with a technical product and a global plant footprint. You also appreciate to work in an international environment and don’t mind, that travelling is part of your job.
You are hands-on and would love solving customers problems by yourself.
You show exceptional results. You are eager to learn and grow professionally. You feel a high potential inside you to accomplish things. When looking at your history, it is easy to see this in your achievements.
You enjoy a down to earth industry without the need for blown up marketing catchphrases. You are analytical and have a technical understanding, that will differentiate you in front of the customer. You ask the right questions to establish the technical and commercial data that is needed, in order to provide creative refractory solutions for customers.
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That is why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
- Challenging and diverse tasks within a multicultural and passionate working environment
- Responsible position with a high scope for action
- Cross-functional collaboration with an open-minded and innovative team
- Flat hierarchies with short decision-making processes
- Attractive training and development opportunities across all career stages
- Flexible working hours, health insurance contribution and competitive pension plan
- A full time position (40 hours / week)
- Monthly car allowance
- Bonus based on sales performance