Data Scientist / Optimization Expert, Global Supply Chain
Be part of establishing corporate competitive advantage through development of supply chain
Do you have what it takes to handle large amounts of data and provide sound business insights in a complex global supply chain setup. RHI Magnesita is the world leader within refractories – heat resistant product and materials used for high temperature production processes. Our supply chain consists of 10 raw material sites, 25 production sites, thousands of products as well as installation of our products at clients manufacturing sites and recycling of used products. Do you want to be a part of an ambitious and highly skilled Global Supply Chain Planning & Analytics team and develop your career in a world leading company then we have the opportunity for you.
You believe that using data, you can influence & optimize operations. Because of your robust background and experience you know how to transform large, complex data sets into actionable insights. With strong analytical skills and structured way of working you easily build analytics solutions. Your attention to detail and ability to analyze and provide insights to make the right decisions for the operations. You keep the end-result in focus, and you manage to perform in a constant changing environment. Your enthusiasm about converting the most complex data in to an analytic solution is clearly visible, and you like to mobilize people for data driven purposes.
Enhance global supply chain performance
As a data scientist you will play the role of optimizer in the global planning process. Your responsibility will be to run, design and expand analytical decision support tools for global supply chain planning processes based on mathematical optimization (linear optimization). In this role you will be responsible for creating and maintaining statistical forecast models incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales and supply chain management. Your tasks will include:
- Data-driven modeling of supply chain processes to gain insights and identify optimization potential
- Assessment of model requirements and constraints, engaging with various functions across plants and business units
- Support analytical and/or data management where highly specialized analytics or management of large amounts of data is required for the execution of supply chain processes, e.g., compliance, master data, quantitative process analyses etc.
- Leading of model implementation and maintenance in state-of-the-art tools for mathematical optimization
- Conduct optimization / simulation runs and set up complex business cases / TCO models, etc. based on model results
- Provide actionable insights into data cleansing, formatting and maintenance
Experienced supply chain Data Scientist
You have a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Statistics, Economics, Physics or similar. If you have a Ph.D. in Statistics, Probability, Operations research or similar it is an advantage but not a requirement. You have at least 3-5 years’ experience working as Data Scientist within supply chain – either in an international production company or as Management Consultant where you have demonstrated proficiency in statistics, probability and operations research. Further you have a proven track record and you are a true expert in analysis, creating insights and enable business decisions using insights. You speak and write English with full proficiency and any additional language will be considered an asset.
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
- Challenging and diverse tasks within a multicultural and passionate working environment
- Responsible position with a high scope for action
- Cross-functional collaboration with an open-minded and innovative team
- Flat hierarchies with short decision-making processes
- Attractive training and development opportunities across all career stages
- A full-time position (40 hours / week) at our Global Supply Chain & Purchasing Hub in Rotterdam.
Do you recognize yourself in this role?
For this position we are working with the executive search company, Brinch & Partners, based in Copenhagen. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Partner Arne Kyed at email@example.com or +45 2970 2031.
About RHI Magnesita
RHI Magnesita is the result of the combination of RHI and Magnesita to form the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 14,000 employees across more than 35 countries and € 2.7 billion in revenues we are the driving force of the refractory industry. But to deliver results for customers, that technology must be put to work effectively. By people. That’s why we attach so much importance to our employees. Do you want to know more? Check out https://www.rhimagnesita.com/.