At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies that our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and you will be part of the journey towards a new era in public safety and security.
We are looking for a Bid Manager to support this journey. The Bid Manager will be responsible for the coordination of the end-to-end bid process when responding to Requests for Quotation (RFQ) or tenders from customers or business partners in a timely fashion. Working with sales managers and projects teams, the Bid Manager will provide bid support for customer aligned proposals, making sound business judgements and maximising bid winning chances with the goal to provide competitive offers while optimizing project cost and protecting margins. In addition, you will review and monitor bid progress and resolve/escalate issues and problems to relevant stakeholders.
The position will be located in Copenhagen, Denmark. This position will be part of the Presales Europe team, working in a multi-cultural environment and supporting sales teams across Europe.
You will have broad collaboration with various colleagues across national as well as international departments. E.g. you will liaise with the Legal department, Procurement, Finance, Sales (as well as other Motorola Departments and specialists).
- Coordinate the end to end bid process
- Manage opportunities from qualification through to contract award, supporting the sales team with the bid strategy development, partner identification and value proposition.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders.
- Understand the opportunities in terms of customer requirements, timing, costs, risks, features, competition and any other area impacting bid content and strategy.
- Excellent understanding of the market and company products and high sensitivity to competitive issues and European Tendering rules to ensure consistency of the commercial proposals with the agreed bid strategy, financials and content as well as customer requirements fulfilment.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the company business practices and standards to ensure an appreciation of the broad scope of knowledge and content required to satisfactorily respond to tenders.
- Define Responsibility Matrix and Statement of Work for organizations and partners/sub-contractors.
- Work with procurement to select partners/sub-contractors.
- Create project implementation plans and cost projections.
- Source and co-ordinate design input to ensure that the visual standard of all documentation and presentation material is first class and eye-catching. Responsible for the quality of all aspects of the bid including written documentation and presentations or demonstrations.
- Risk management including risk identification and mitigation action plans throughout the bid process.
- Present deliverables to management for informed bid decisions.
- Complete professional handover of successful bids to the Post-sale organization.
- University Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering (preferably in communications, computer science, software or similar field) or equivalent.
- +5 years of Pre-sales bid experience, with proven track record of managing high-performing bid teams, preferably in telecommunications industry or project management including project cost, scope, schedule and risk analysis.
- Comfortable working at CEO/Director level (internal and external customers).
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, agile and technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Team player with strong communication and commercial skills and ability to work under pressure to challenging deadlines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Able to work independently with good analytical, organizational and judgement skills.
- Winning ‘can-do attitude’.
- Self-Driven and Motivated.
- Financial management experience: Estimating, Budgeting, Pricing, Risk assessment.
- Fluency in Nordic languages (Norwegian, Swedish or Danish). Experience in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as Google cloud-based systems
WOULD BE GREAT IF
- MBA, APMP or PMP certification will be a plus.
- Previous experience in Public Safety communications will be a plus.
- Southern European (e.g. Spanish, Italian, etc.) will be highly valued.