Drive finance transformation and manage the daily financial HQ’s operations to strengthen global business execution
RHI Magnesita is the global leader and driving force in the refractory business. The company is a merger between an Austrian (RHI) and a Brazilian (Magnesita) company with HQ in Vienna. The company has 14.000 employees, 3.1 bn. Euro in turnover, 45 production and raw material sites in 16 countries. RHI Magnesita serves more than 10.000 customers within steel, cement, glass, metals, energy, chemical, non-ferrous metals and similar industries. RHI Magnesita has a 2025 strategy plan dictating growth to 4.5 bn. Euro, substantial investments in R&D and development of the company culture.
Here are two presentations of RHI Magnesita: https://www.rhimagnesita.com/videos/
Drive the financial transformation and ensure compliant financial operations
The finance department is under major development and integration to streamline the operating model concentrating risk/rewards whilst improving processes, controls & governance. Outsourcing transactional processes to an internal Shared Service Center (GBS), digitalizing and standardizing processes are some of the tasks being conducted with the purpose to strengthen a performance-based culture, ensure a customer centric organization and cross functional and cross geographical collaboration – in short to support global business execution and unlock the company’s full potential.
As part of the Accounting & Reporting team, your overall responsibility is to proactively manage all finance-related matters related to RHI Magnesita Group Legal Entities based in Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Your daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Be the ultimate process owner and accountable of local statutory audit and reporting and ensure compliance with local accounting & tax (ie. F/S) regulations;
- Montly IFRS reporting compliant with Group requirements, with transactional support from GBS;
- Liaise with other Finance departments (Accounting & Reporting, Tax, Treasury, FP&A) as well as the GBS to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines;
- Visit regularly and interact constantly with remotely-managed locations (office, plants, services, local advisors in Germany and Switzerland) to ensure quality on the financial administration;
- Act as the local finance point person for auditors, banks, authorities, among others, liaising with local advisors, when applicable;
You will report to the EMEA & SEA Finance Director based in Rotterdam, and your daily workplace is the RHI Magnesita’s HQ in Vienna. You get an opportunity to travel occasionally to the RHIM legal entities in Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
Chartered Account with international industry experience
The ideal candidate for the position has an educational background as Chartered Accountant. Further it is absolutely key that you have worked some years in a similar Senior Finance Expert, Senior Financial Controller or similar HQ role in an international company that develop, produce and sell products. You possess strong knowledge in General Accounting (local and IFRS GAAP), AP, AR, Direct and Indirect Tax and Treasury among other topics as well as good knowledge of SAP. Experience with Oracle Hyperion (HFM) is an advantage. If you have some years’ experience from an acknowledged auditing firm working for internationally listed companies, it is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Further the right candidate holds the following personal traits and skills – you:
- Are driven by creating a great finance function that excels in supporting business execution
- Manage to keep the great overview while you are still aware of the important details
- Have a sharp eye for constant development and improvement of processes
- Are flexible and motivated to work in a dynamic environment of constant integration
- Thrive in the role as trusted adviser for stakeholders at all levels from top management to team members and colleagues at the GBS centers
- Are fully proficient in German both in speaking and writing