Do you have a graphic mindset and an interest in digital tools and new technologies? Are you skilled in communicating technical instructions in a way that equips both professional installers and end users to use products in the correct way?
If yes, then VELUX has an interesting position for you as part of our Documentation and Product Visualisation team.
You will join our team of 4 graphic designers, 1 art director and 1 coordinator. The team is part of Global Product Management and located at our headquarter in Hørsholm. We are dedicated to producing the best solutions, enabling installers and end users to work with our products in a correct and safe way.
Working closely with Technical Sales Support and Product Development, you will be responsible for identifying the relevant steps related to the correct use of the products. You will mainly be working at the office in Hørsholm but also occasionally at different test installations, taking photos and notes for storyboards. These storyboards, together with simplified 3D objects, form the basis for the instructions produced by the graphic designers.
Right now, we are at a new beginning where we will change the way we create our instructions and graphic materials. We want you onboard on this journey and to help us ensure that we are at the forefront of the latest technologies, communication channels and digital capabilities.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for the new software selection and in charge of testing and validating – and as a software superuser, you will offer support to the technical 3D designers
- Merge technical and visual communication to support correct and easy installation of VELUX products
- Develop and produce installation, user and maintenance instructions
- Develop storyboards for the technical graphic designers to execute and complete step-by-step instructions
- Deliver simplified 3D objects – either as export from our PLM system or of your own creation
There is more than one entry into this position. We are looking for a candidate with a graphic mindset combined with a clear understanding of 3D tools and experience/interest in technical documentation. Your educational background could be technical/graphic/multimedia design, technical illustration or similar.
You can drive projects forward through good communication skills and a proactive mindset. You work well with others, understand their perspective and are perceived as a go-to person.
- Have experience with technical documentation – either from a full-time or student position or as a freelancer
- Have worked with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Have experience with SolidWorks Composer, Creo Illustrate or similar
- Are fluent in English – if you speak Danish, it is an advantage
We are undergoing a large digital transformation which will take place over the next years and now is a great time to join us. You will become a part of this journey with a focus on selecting and implementing new software and ways of working. You will be involved in product development at an early stage, from the creation of storyboards to the final instructions and where and how these should be available to customers – both in print and digital media.
In order to apply for the job, use the “Apply for the job” option above. We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.