Category Manager – for Logistics CAPEX & Terminal Equipment
DFDS is looking for a Category Manager with the purpose of strengthening the Group Direct Procurement team and increase its scope of coverage across the DFDS Group.
The right candidate will be responsible for developing a strategic vison for our CAPEX investment in Logistics & Terminals in collaboration with stakeholders across the business. The Direct Procurement team, covers multiple sub-categories, such as Technical Marine, Ports & Stevedoring, Bunkers, Logistics & Equipment. This position would be expected to cover multiple category areas, however there is a preference for previous experience within CAPEX Procurement of Logistics and Terminal equipment.
Your overall responsibility is to continuously optimize and achieve the lowest possible total cost to the company and to minimize contractual and commercial risks for DFDS, while taking quality, risk, environmental and social aspects into due consideration. Your responsibilities will include:
- Category strategy development and execution for key sub-categories
- Maintain and develop relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group
- Act as a professional integrated partner to the business by challenging our stakeholder on technical specifications and identifying and carrying out selected projects.
- Drive analytical insights across various categories including complex calculations regarding decision-making
- Create, run and analyze tenders, execute negotiations in cross-functional teams and finalize agreements with suppliers
- Build a strong network both internally in DFDS and externally with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Optimize of purchasing processes and procedures in close cooperation with Operational Procurement team
You will hold an important position in the implementation and maintenance of global/regional contracts and best practice with a focus on optimizing supplier performance.
Our internal stakeholders are highly skilled & knowledgeable It is important that you have the right interpersonal skills, are able & willing to dig down into the details, and work with variety of nationalities and stakeholders. You thrive with having a lot on your plate and you are a true team player with the ability to challenge the current situation based on strong communication and sharp analytical skills.
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years relevant procurement experience.
- You hold an academic degree, e.g. an M.Sc. in Business Administration, MBA etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience on tender process, execution and negotiation strategies
- You have Project management skills, including ability to develop business plans, plan a project, drive problem solving and manage a project team
- You thrive with creating data driven insights for taking strategic decisions. Advanced excel skills will be an advantage.
- Your interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization and across cultures are excellent
- You have documented experience in achieving results in strategic procurement, supplier performance and supplier management, while managing a balance with stakeholder management.
- You are able to work well in a team and with your colleagues reach both own and common goals.
- You are able to work at a fast pace and be able to handle changing projects and priorities.
- Your English language skills, oral and written, are excellent and you are a proficient IT user
- Experience in procurement/logistics in the maritime or logistics industry or another internationally functioning organization is an advantage, but not a requirement
A flexible working environment in an informal and international organization. A very exciting and challenging job with plenty of scope for working independently and opportunity to develop your job content. The position is based at our office in Copenhagen, Denmark, and/ or Immingham, UK and the job provides a wide network of colleagues across the DFDS Group.
In order to perform to the expectations of the role you must anticipate 15 -25 travel days a year.
The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with Brinch & Partners. If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please feel free to contact Partner Mia Svantemann Ramskov at email@example.com
In order to apply for the job, use the “Apply for the job” option above. We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially