Are you going to be the new Category Manager for IT solutions in DFDS?
Come join us on our journey towards world class Indirect Procurement!
DFDS is looking for a Category Manager for IT solutions with the purpose of strengthening the Group Indirect & Onboard Procurement team and increase its scope of coverage across the DFDS Group.
The Procurement department is progressing on a journey towards becoming a very strong integrated partner to the business and we are focusing on further developing the Indirect & Onboard Procurement area, both from a strategic and an analytical point of view. With a broad exposure to the whole organization and top management, you will have the opportunity to impact this development process in collaboration with the rest of the team.
You will be responsible for developing a strategic vison for the IT category, in collaboration with stakeholders across the business. The Indirect & Onboard Procurement team covers multiple categories such as IT, HR, Operations, Facility Management, Professional Services, Insurance, Travel & Entertainment, Marketing and Onboard Sales.
Do you have the drive and capabilities to support our stakeholders to become a success?
In collaboration with the business and our stakeholders across the organization, you will be responsible for optimizing DFDS’s global spend and general operational setup within the Indirect & Onboard area together with the rest of the team. You will be responsible for developing the category strategy for IT solutions as well as running various projects from initiation to final implementation of a contract and handover to the business. More specifically, your tasks consist of:
- Category strategy development in close collaboration with the IT department
- Optimization of purchasing processes and procedures
- Active collaboration with internal stakeholders in identifying and carrying out selected projects
- Driving analytical insights
- Creating running and analyzing tenders
- Leading the preparation and executing negotiations in cross-functional teams
- Finalizing frame agreements with selected suppliers
- Facilitating meetings with strategic suppliers and drive SRM
- Acting as a professional integrated partner to the business
- Building a strong network both internally in DFDS and externally with suppliers and other stakeholders
You will hold a key position in the implementation and maintenance of global/regional contracts and best practice sharing throughout DFDS with the purpose of optimizing supplier performance and general efficiency.
The ideal candidate:
Essentially, we are looking for a person who enjoys a dynamic work environment full of challenges and thrives in a lot of activity.
- You hold an academic degree, e.g. an M.Sc. in business administration or Supply Chain Management
- You have 5-10 years of experience from working with IT or supply chain/procurement
- Experience with strategic procurement and category management
- Experience and knowledge about tender processes, execution and negotiation strategies
- Project management skills, including ability to develop business plans, plan a project, drive problem solving
- Advanced excel skills will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great ability to build rapport with your stakeholders at all levels
- Your English language skills, oral and written, are excellent and you are a proficient IT user
- As a person you are result-oriented, you have strong analytical skills and a winning personality while being outgoing, dynamic and proactive as any other consultant.
In addition to offering a role with plenty of influential possibilities and responsibility, we offer a flexible working environment in an informal and international organization. A very exciting and challenging job with plenty of scope for working independently and an opportunity to develop your job content. The position is based at our office in Copenhagen, Denmark, and the job provides a wide network of colleagues across the DFDS Group.
The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with Brinch & Partners. If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please feel free to contact Partner Mia Svantemann Ramskov at email@example.com
In order to apply for the job, use the “Apply for the job” option above. We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially