Head of Technical Documentation Support
Do you have a keen interest in people management and Documentation Managementand would you like to play a key role in supporting large offshore wind farms projects? Then this challenging manager role could be your next career move.
Join us and become Head of Technical Documentation Support in our Document and Records Management team, where we support offshore wind farms with overall documentation and transfer processes. The department consists of four teams, and you will head the team supporting the projects with technical documentation driving process improvement and change management across the department and Wind Power. The team consist of 35 competent document controllers, technical assistants and external consultants. Your team is spread across our 3 main location in DK and UK as well as the sites. The team are integrated members of the projects on different locations in Denmark, UK, Taiwan and USA.
As Head of Technical Documentation Support, you will report directly to the Head of Document and Records Management, and you will be a part of the management team ensuring timely, competent and consistent document and records management support to the wind farm projects globally. You will communicate and engage with stakeholders on all levels focusing on the projects and your team. You will be a vital part in the development and implementation of new tools and systems, and will proactively facilitate and drive knowledge sharing across the department. One of your primary tasks will be the management of the team, securing the competent resources for the projects and keeping the motivation and spirits high across the different locations.
Your key tasks will be to
- Scale and develop a diverse and multicultural team of specialists, matching their skills with the needs in the wind farm projects
- Be accountable for resource forecasting and having the right model for growing the team
- Proactively build solid relations with key stakeholders in a complex and large organisation
- Contact to the projects securing your teams value add and deliverables
- Be an instrumental and vital part of the implementation of new systems and tools
Your competences include that you
- Are a highly experienced people manager with relevant working experience from technical document management, preferably within construction activities, vendor documentation or engineering
- You have demonstrated the ability to coordinate with different stakeholders to achieve project objectives
- Experience in working and managing international intercultural teams
- You have excellent communication skills, a high proficiency in Document Control Systems or EDMS and other relevant tools. The role also requires you to be fully proficient in English
On a more personal level, you value teamwork and collaboration, and with your good communication and manager skills, you ensure that all team members are on board and feel heard. Also, you know how to share your knowledge and to function as a go-to person for your area. While you are motivated by setting the agenda for your team and taking the responsibility for the global technical documentation support function, you still manage to challenge status quo, be proactive and speak up in a solution-oriented way – always with a focus on how to create value for the business.
Would you like to be part of the future of this company?
Send your application to us as soon as possible, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with Brinch & Partners. If you would like to know more about this opportunity and Ørsted, please feel free to contact partner Henrik Smit by telephone +45 2215 2787.
In order to apply for the job, use the “Apply for the job” option above. We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Please notice that this position is a maternity cover for one year, but with a possibility to stay in the department in another manager role.
You’ll be situated at Ørsted office in Gentofte or Skærbæk and refer to the Head of Document and Records Management. You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, primarily in Denmark but also to UK and Asia.
You must be legally authorised to work in Denmark, and we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,300 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.