Global Strategic Purchaser
Do you have experience in purchasing and a talent for building constructive professional relationships? And would you like to assume responsibility for a successful international company’s key suppliers?
Then this is your chance to become part of a strong global procurement organisation in the VELUX Group. Here, you will get to influence our global procurement strategy and set the direction for your future career.
You will become part of VELUX® Global Purchasing team within the aluminium category. Here, you will assume full responsibility of main suppliers in Europe within extruded aluminium and copper. Referring to the category manager, you will provide important input to and execute on the overall procurement strategy. Our purchasing team in India will support you on operational tasks, and order handling is handled locally at the factories, so you can focus on your key responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining supplier relationships and negotiating excellent delivery performance, high quality and cost savings within the aluminium category
- Participating in VELUX development projects concerned with e.g. product development, platform updates, cost reduction, etc. to make decisions on new investments and suppliers
- Participating in meetings with your international purchasing colleagues, discussing how we can improve our procurement performance
- Communicating with various internal stakeholders, e.g. our factories, Product Development, Technology and Logistics, to ensure that we have optimal supplier solutions
- Acting on KPIs, executing on RFI/RFQ processes and ensuring correct purchasing master data in SAP
You will work from Skjern or Østbirk along with the majority of our strategic purchasers.
You should expect 20-30 travel days a year, primarily within Europe to visit suppliers and to collect input on potential supply issues at our factories.
As a person, you have a positive and result-oriented mindset combined with strong business acumen. As you will drive many different projects simultaneously, you thrive ensuring progress in a busy and dynamic work environment. An outgoing role suits you as you have solid stakeholder management skills and enjoy building relationships across cultures and functions. In this role, your ability to make clear agreements and ensure commitment from others will be decisive for your results. You:
- Have a commercial education, e.g. an MSc in economics & business administration
- Have 2+ years of professional experience in procurement and with participating in projects
- Are an experienced user of ERP systems – preferably SAP, but it is not a prerequisite
- Are fluent in English in both speech and writing
At the VELUX Group, your performance and ambitions set the only bar for your personal and professional development. We offer a variety of internal courses e.g. within project management, and you can be sure to develop your competences in collaboration with your new colleagues.
In Global Purchasing, you will get around 50 new purchasing colleagues at a global scale. Within the aluminium category, you will join 1 strategic purchaser in Østbirk with responsibility for rolled aluminium. Furthermore, you will have 1 strategic purchaser colleague in China and 1 in the US – each responsible for aluminium supply within their geographical area. Thus, you will get to learn from and share insights with experienced and committed international colleagues.
“We have tradition for spotting talents and building international careers within our global organisation. This job gives you plenty of opportunity to develop your competences, build an international professional network and embark on an exciting commercial career within the VELUX Group,” says Category Manager Simon Als Christiansen who is looking forward to welcoming you to the team.
Application and contact
The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with Brinch & Partners.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Partner Henrik Smit by telephone +45 2215 2787.
In order to apply for the job, use the “Søg Stilling” option above. We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.