Senior Financial Controller
Would you like to take part in our exciting journey to become an independent business, separate from the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, and thereby take on a role to support our global Finance organization with all aspects of establishing a new external financial reporting framework? Then this role may be something for you!
Join us in this specialist role as Senior Finance Controller in Maersk Supply Service and work closely with our global organization to achieve our ambitious goals, and thereby gaining insight into a truly international business.
When joining us, you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength. For the right profile we offer great development opportunities and the chance to influence your own role.
You will join our Controlling Team in Finance and be based at our Head Office in Lyngby, Denmark.
We are six controllers covering aspects across financial controlling and consolidation, compliance, project controlling, as well as being center of excellence for finance processes and systems.
You will own the challenge to establish our new MSS stand-alone IFRS and external audit framework as well as guide and advise your finance colleagues around the world in all matters regarding IFRS.
- Set up and maintain a new IFRS reporting framework for Maersk Supply Service
- Prepare quarterly external financial statements, reporting, notes, and disclosures according to IFRS
- Be in charge of external financial audits
- Prepare and continuously update finance manuals and reporting guidelines
- Assist in the design and implementation of effective and efficient financial reporting processes
- Perform regular reviews of specific areas such as revenue recognition, tax reporting, lease accounting, etc.
Who we are looking for
Preferably you are a chartered accountant with at least 7 years of experience, and have gained sufficient experience and international exposure to help drive our path towards independent external financial reporting.
- As a person, you have a positive mind-set, and you are a team player as well as an excellent communicator
- You have a structured and process-oriented approach
- You are analytically strong and results-oriented
- A quick learner, being able to absorb a lot of information easily
- A multitasker who is able to take on a lot of tasks and prioritizes accordingly to ensure what needs to get done gets done
- You show a natural interest in your environment, on what’s going on around you, and making the link to your own tasks and responsibilities
- Comprehensive IT skills
- Excellent English skills, also in writing, are a must.
The hiring process will be conducted in cooperation with Brinch & Partners. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Partner Mia Svantemann Ramskov +45 2426 6670 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resumé marked “11.761 – Senior Financial Controller” as soon as possible by e-mail: email@example.com
About Maersk Supply Service
Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company’s ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John’s, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth.
Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Moller – Maersk which employs around 88,000 people in over 130 countries.